Monday, November 16, 2015

The Top 12 Live! on The Voice Season 9

Team Gwen: Braiden Sunshine sang Renegade by Styx-- I think Braiden has a great voice and a ton of talent. I question the song selection and whether or not that was right for him. Adam said he loves watching Braiden and that being in a band since he was 9 is bad-ass. Blake echoed the sentiment. Pharrell said you can do anything you want. Gwen said he was confident he wanted to do a rock song, and she said she is proud of him and that he was so brave tonight.

Team Adam: Amy Vachal sang Hotline Bling by Drake-- Super hot performance! Adam's song choice was ingenious. Amy sounded amazing, it was understated but strong. Blake said that song is so big, even he knows it, and he said Gwen sang it to him on The Tonight Show. Pharrell said this is your moment, Amy, you always make songs yours, not many people have that ability. Gwen said, you look so pretty, amazing idea, I thought it was gorgeous. Adam said you made a brave choice in listening to me. You did something bold, I want that version of that song in my life.

Team Pharrell: Mark Hood sang Against All Odds by Phil Collins-- I loved all the vocal acrobatics Mark did throughout that song. I don't think it was necessarily the right song for him, but I felt like he gave it everything that he had. Adam said you want this badly, almost more than anyone. You have a great voice, but it's so inspiring to see you give 200% every time you come out on stage. Pharrell said you gave them another side to you, and you deserve to be here for another week.

Team Blake: Emily Ann Roberts sang Blame it on Your Heart by Patty Loveless-- I was not a huge Emily Ann fan, last week, I wanted Morgan Frazier in that top three for Team Blake more than anything, and now I watch Emily Ann this week, and I see amazing poise, maturity, and growth. I am glad she's there. Gwen said you are so good, it's like you're a star already. Adam said you're awesome, this person has grown up before our eyes. Blake said you've always been a great singer but now you're finding that out about yourself. You're treating this like it's your stage.

Team Gwen: Korin Bukowski sang Titanium by Sia-- I definitely felt like she rocked that lyric. It was very Korin. There was a little bit of pitchiness. Blake said you are so unassuming, and he thought she nailed the lyric. Pharrell said it was cool to see you live that moment. Gwen said that song was written for your life, beyond cool. At the end you nailed the vocals and showed your range.

Team Blake: Barrett Baber sang Right Here Waiting by Richard Marx-- I loved the country version of that song. Barrett just has a knockout voice, it's so strong, and emotional, and genuine. Adam said he loves how he attacks every song. He loves his determination and passion. Blake said what comes out of you is real, and you are a great singer.

Team Pharrell: Madi Davis sang Who Will Save Your Soul by Jewel-- I was half and half on that performance. The vocal was amazing at certain points, but at other points there were awkward breaks.  Blake said Madi you have snuck up on me at different points in this competition. Pharrell said you know exactly what you want to do.

Team Gwen: Jeffrey Austin sang Let it Go by James Bay-- Adam was totally right, he said Jeffrey's voice is so strong and he has become one of the best voices in this competition. Adam believes he could win, I agree, I think he is in the thick of it. Blake said that he has an average voice in comparison to Jeffrey. Jeffrey has a confidence about him when it comes to his voice that isn't obvious. I love it.

Team Adam: Shelby Brown sang In Color by Jamey Johnson-- Shelby's voice is huge, it has almost no limit in terms of her vocal range and ability. I loved the emotion she poured into this song. Wow! Blake said her voice is so powerful. Adam said I am glad Blake brought up that you got ahead of the band. You recovered with a powerful note, you made a mistake and came back with maybe your best moment on the show.

Team Pharrell: Evan McKeel sang This is It by Kenny Loggins-- Evan's vocal is always great. I just didn't care for the song choice. Evan should go through on pure vocal talent alone, but I felt like the song was too karaoke. He does deserve it as Pharrell said, and he did go out there with his heart. Gwen thought he sounded so free tonight.

Team Adam: Jordan Smith sang Great is Thy Faithfulness-- I just have to stand up because this was so moving and gorgeous. I literally felt like I was listening to him pray. How simple, poignant, and yet powerful. That was beautiful. Adam went up and hugged him, and all the coaches were on their feet. Blake said after everything that happened this past weekend over in Paris, thank you for that, that was beautiful. Pharrell said I was standing up in the middle of the song, go to Itunes and buy this song from this guy. Adam said there is so much about the world that can be confusing and sad, and we listen to you sing and there is so much hope, thank you Jordan,

Team Blake: Zach Seabaugh sang My Love by Little Texas-- I can already see this guy playing stadiums, he has the x-factor. He seems really comfortable and so ready as a performer, I can almost hear the type of record he would put out. Pharrell said the range you have is so crazy, you're a pro, and you're 17. Gwen said your stage presence is so seasoned, and you have so much confidence; I think you're gonna be a huge star. Adam said last week was a break out, but I loved seeing this side of you and what you can do. I don't think you can do any wrong. Blake said I feel like you could walk out this door and into a tour bus and go on your own headlining tour.

Bottom Three: Braiden, Madi, and Korin or Evan



No comments: