Monday, May 18, 2015

The Voice Season 8: Finale

Team Pharrell: Koryn Hawthorne sang It's a Man's Man's World by James World-- Love her rendition of this song. Her interpretation and everything she added just really made the performance take off. The vocal was strong, and I don't think she made one false step, she came to play. Adam said we're unbelievably proud of you. Blake said you did it sis, that performance is why you deserve to be in this finale, your best performance yet. Pharrell said this is for you, you were born for this.

Team Blake: Meghan Linsey sang Change My Mind (original song) by Meghan Linsey-- Adam said he was happy Meghan did this, it's cool to do this. Adam loved the song. Blake said, the hook of the song is so powerful, "you want me to change, I'll change my mind". I agree with Adam, super cool that she was able to do this, and I liked the song.

Pharrell and Sawyer sang Summer Breeze by Seals and Croft--

Team Adam: Joshua Davis sang Working Man's Hymm (original song) by Joshua Davis-- Blake said you're a great songwriter, the song is stuck in my head, that's a good sign. I loved the song too, I thought it was awesome, and it told me more about who Joshua is. Adam said the song was really good, and it made me happy.

Team Pharrell: Sawyer Fredericks sang Please by Ray LaMontagne-- Pharrell said shout out to Ray LaMontagne for giving Sawyer that song and believing in him. To me, it seemed like this song was for Sawyer. He seemed so connected that I could have sworn that it was written for him.

Pharrell and Koryn sang We Will Work it Out by The Beatles--

Team Adam: Joshua Davis sang Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen-- This was Joshua's most inspiring performance yet. It happened at the perfect time. He has a shot at this. Christina found the performance heartwarming and engaging. Adam felt that he did what he had to do with that performance.

Blake and Meghan sang Freeway of Love by Aretha Franklin--

Adam and Joshua sang Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes by Paul Simon--

Team Pharrell: Koryn Hawthorne sang Bright Fire (original song) by Pharrell-- Adam loved how passionately she delivered the vocal. I could totally tell that she loved that song. Christina said you couldn't have arrived at this moment without Pharrell as your coach. I credit both Koryn and Pharrell for arriving at this moment. She has so much poise, and he clearly is so humble and committed. This was a beautiful song and it was beautifully performed.

Team Blake: Meghan Linsey sang When a Man Loves a Woman by Percy Sledge-- Pharrell said, you are living the dream. You have completely rewritten your future, singing what you wanna sing, and sharing it. Adam said I figured out that my favorite thing about your voice, you have this extra thing with your voice that's really special. Blake called it the performance of the night. It was a great performance; this is anyone's competition to lose but I will say, Sawyer is making it difficult.

Team Pharrell: Sawyer Fredericks sang Old Man by Neil Young--  This performance is the first one tonight that is truly captivating. I love it. Adam said don't ever lose sight of the purity and sanctity of who you are, you're the real deal. Christina said I am shocked you picked Pharrell and he picked every song and move so perfectly. You're a gem and I am so happy for you. Pharrell said I am so happy I am anywhere near your dream.

No comments: