Tuesday, May 12, 2015

American Idol Season 14: Wow, We're Down to Two

Jax is eliminated at the top of the competition leaving Clark Beckham and Nick Fradiani to compete for the title.

Reprise:

Clark sang Georgia on My Mind by Ray Charles-- Keith said southern, soulful, drenched in syrup. Jenn said you always had the talent, and tonight, you reminded us why you are here. Harry admires his drive and that he wants to stretch and push musically. It was a great way to start the show, I remembered why I liked Clark so much from the beginning with that performance. It was just so pure and good.

Nick sang Bright Lights by Matchbox 20--  That is my favorite Nick Fradiani performance. Amazing! I think it was even better than the first time he sang it. It was just so comfortable and confident. Jenn said he is a true American Idol, the voice, the look, the presence. We've seen you grow into that, that gets you to the next level. Harry said this is the perfect opportunity for you to vote. Keith said, it's about more than having a good voice, and being a good performer, it's also about saying can I relate to you? I can relate to you Nick.

Simon Fuller's Pick:

Clark sang Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone by Bill Withers-- Harry said that it was an inward soulful performance and the difference between him and Nick is that Nick is an outward performer. Jenn said who is she, who are you singing to right now Clark? This was also a strong performance for Clark. Great vocal, and I loved that he didn't copycat the song, he did his own interpretation.

Nick sang I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz-- Keith said your heart is so good Nick, beautiful. That was a great song choice. Jenn said perfect song, I loved the way you sounded on that. Harry said you're strongest thing is how you lay it all out there on an emotional level. I agree with Harry, that performance just had so much heart. The phrasing was tough and he nailed it, it was awesome!

Coronation Song:

Clark sang Champion-- Keith liked how inspiring the song is. Clark said it felt great to be singing his own song. Harry felt that he still has to get used to the song because it is a new song for him, but he said Nick will have the same disadvantage.

Nick sang Beautiful Life-- Harry said I enjoyed it, it really sounded like that song was tailor written for you. Jenn said it felt amazing, and you were in the moment performing. Keith said it was a bull's eye and people are going to go out and buy that record.

Who will win? I am leaning towards Nick but this is anyone's game. ;-) Until tomorrow.

No comments: