Tuesday, May 20, 2014

American Idol Season 13: The Finale is Here, Who will take home the title?

The Finale:

Simon Fuller's Choice:

Jena Irene sang The Dog Days Are Over by Florence and the Machine-- Keith and Jenn commented on the high energy of the performance. Harry said he hopes it's a song that she puts on her album. It was a good song choice, really showed Jena's vocal range.

Caleb Johnson sang Dream On by Aerosmith-- Jenn said that's what you gotta do, this is the finale. She told him that he seized the moment. Harry said it was phenomenal, really great job. Keith thought the way he arced the whole performance was exceptional. Another amazing song choice, wow, literally brought tears to my eyes cause I didn't know if he was going to hit that high note. Amazing!

Contestant's favorite moment:

Jena Irene sang I Can't Help Falling in Love with You by Elvis Presley-- Harry thought it was beautiful. Keith said she is a trailblazer and an original (so much so that she inspired someone else on a reality show to sing it --- Christina Grimmie on The Voice). Jenn said she feels her soul come through on that song. It was beautiful the first time and it was beautiful again. I loved it.

Caleb Johnson sang Maybe I'm Amazed by Paul McCartney-- Harry said I think you won the first round, and I think Jena won the second round. It's really close. I loved this performance as well, the funny thing is, hearing them both again, I am not as surprised as I was the first time around.

Original Songs:

Jena Irene sang We Are One-- I never love the original songs very much. I think I have maybe like 2 or 3 in all the years Idol has been on. This song was all right. Keith felt like it suited her and Harry liked that it sounded as good live as it did in the studio.

Caleb Johnson sang As Long As You Love Me-- All the judges felt like Caleb gave it his all and said America would have a hard time voting. I'm with the judges, who will win this.... your guess is as good as mine.


No comments: