Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Dancing with the Stars Season 17, Weeks 7 and 8: The Injustice

Sorry to say it, but it's hard to write about something that brings so much unhappiness, but sometimes it feels better to get it all out. One week ago, one Nicole Polizzi, aka Snookie, was voted off Dancing with the Stars. Last night, Brant Daugherty from Pretty Little Liars, pretty in his own right, was voted off Dancing. My point in telling you this is to tell of the injustice of it all. There were other amateurs who should have gone home before either one of them. I will tell you who by process of elimination-- Elizabeth shouldn't have gone home, neither should have Corbin, and as much as I like everyone else, they are all fair game in my book to go home. I might save Amber, even though I think the judges have made her out to be better than what she really is.

When I was thinking of the finals, I was thinking of Elizabeth, Corbin, and Brant. This isn't a case of me being unhappy cause I didn't get what I wanted. This is a case of growth and when you watch these people dance every week you look for who experiences that the most. What was difficult about this season is that everyone started at a similar level so it was difficult to see a front-runner emerge.

It's not the fault of the judges, they're scoring accordingly, it's really the fact that the public is voting based on popularity rather than on talent, growth, potential, etc.

No comments: