Saturday, January 7, 2012

My Top Songs of 2011

For the past few years I have been creating a list of my favorite and most memorable songs of the past year. I am a bit late this year in creating that list, or rather, in sharing it with you. As I mentioned before, this past year was a real struggle for me, and music was there for me always. Music gave me great joy, it made me smile, it comforted me when I was sad or contemplating my next step.

Overall, this was the year of the Ladies, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Kelly Clarkson, and Adele all appear on this list more than once.

Some newcomers had breakout years, Hot Chelle Rae, Breathe Carolina, The Band Perry, J. Cole, and LMFAO; they burst onto the scene and proved to be contenders.

Here's the list, and check back as I tell you why I chose the songs I chose (they're in alphabetical order):

All of the Lights-- Kanye West featuring Rihanna
Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not-- Thompson Square
Blackout-- Breathe Carolina
Call Your Girlfriend-- Robyn
Cheers (Drink to That)-- Rihanna
Colder Weather-- Zac Brown Band
Dirt Road Anthem-- Jason Aldean
Don't Wanna Go Home-- Jason Derulo
Don't You Wanna Stay-- Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson
The Edge of Glory-- Lady Gaga
Grenade-- Bruno Mars
Headlines-- Drake
Heart Like Mine-- Miranda Lambert
Honey Bee-- Blake Shelton
How to Love-- Lil Wayne
I Need a Doctor-- Eminem, Dr. Dre, and Skyler Grey
I Wanna Go-- Britney Spears
I'm On One-- DJ Khaled, Drake, Rick Ross, and Lil Wayne
It Girl-- Jason Derulo
It Will Rain-- Bruno Mars
Just a Kiss-- Lady Antebellum
Love on Top-- Beyonce
Made in America-- Toby Keith
Marry the Night-- Lady Gaga
Moment for Life-- Nicki Minaj and Drake
Moves Like Jagger-- Maroon 5 featuring Christina Aguilera
Mr. Know it All-- Kelly Clarkson
On the Floor-- Jeniffer Lopez featuring Pitbull
Party Rock Anthem-- LMFAO
Rolling in the Deep-- Adele
She Ain't You-- Chris Brown
Someone Like You-- Adele
Super Bass-- Nicki Minaj
Til the World Ends-- Britney Spears
Tonight Tonight-- Hot Chelle Rae
We Found Love-- Rihanna featuring Calvin Harris
Without You-- David Guetta featuring Usher
Work Out-- J. Cole
You Da One-- Rihanna
You Lie-- The Band Perry

I would love to hear your thoughts.... what were your favorite songs of the year, who impressed you?

No comments: