Monday, March 11, 2024

The Voice Season 25, Week 3, Episode 5: This City's Got Me Chasing Stars

Episode 5:

Ronnie Wilson sang Pillowtalk by Zayn-- He has an interesting voice, it started off a little rough and his voice was a little lost in the arrangement. I think he's intriguing though. John turned at the beginning and Reba near the middle. Reba said she could embellish, not change his voice. John liked how he made the song his own, and loved what he did stylistically. Ronnie chose John. 

Zoe Levert sang Better Man by Taylor Swift-- I loved the song choice and performance. This was so good! John snuck in at the last minute and turned. Zoe told the coaches that she is getting married and Dan and Shay's song From the Ground Up is her wedding song. They did a personal serenade for her and her fiance. Zoe joined Team John. 



Ducote Talmage sang Sand in my Boots by Morgan Wallen-- Wow, I am so surprised Queen Reba did not turn. He gave a classic country performance. John said I loved the scratch in your voice. I do know what a great song is and I can help you put together a great performance. Dan and Shay pitched themselves as country artists who could help him finish and write songs. Ducote said his full time job is a firefighter. Ducote chose Dan and Shay. 



JJ Higgins sang Return to Pooh Corner-- No one turned but such a powerful story. 

Serenity Arce sang This City by Sam Fischer-- I am obsessed with this four chair performance. Blake told her two years ago to come back and wow, she is amazing. I love the grit in her voice. John blocked Dan and Shay. I cannot believe she is only 16. John said I am so proud of you for coming back. Dan said he felt that performance beat down in his soul. Chance said that was amazing, you're so dedicated to giving a good performance. Reba said I feel like I could use my experience to steer you in the right direction. Serenity chose Chance. 



Emma Valentine sang Love Grows-- I am not loving the song choice and I think that's why no one turned. 

Ryan Coleman sang Ain't No Sunshine by Bill Withers-- I think this is a tough song to sing and I loved his version of this. He made it his own and seemed comfortable as well. Shocked the coaches aren't turning. Yes! Dan and Shay turned. Shay loved his tone and said he clearly has an identity. Dan said that whole performance was so good, I can't wait to find out more who you are. Ryan joined Team Dan and Shay. 



Zeya Rae joined Team Reba

AJ Harvey sang Girl From The North Country by Bob Dylan-- He has a unique voice, I loved the song choice and his vibe, this was just so good. His voice is so rich and round. I love his tone. Chance and Dan and Shay turned. Reba loved his voice. John loved his baritone and how expressive he is. Dan loved the richness of the bass notes. Shay said you were in the song the whole time and I felt in it with you. You're an artist. Chance said I know soul when I see it, I related to that. I was the first person to turn. AJ chose Dan and Shay. 

Moelle sang Always Remember Us This Way by Lady Gaga-- no one turned. 

Elyscia Jefferson sang PYT by Michael Jackson-- Wow! So funny she talked about John but he was the only one who didn't turn. I loved her voice. I love her style. Chance loved the arrangement she did, he said he wants to show America who she is. Reba said you are very at ease and comfortable. There are so many things I can help you with, you inspire me. John said she sounded like Brandy. He regrets not turning. Shay said I can tell you love what you do. Dan said your talent is insane, everyone was having fun, that's contagious. Elyscia chose Reba. 




No comments: