Monday, March 25, 2024

The Voice Season 25: The Battles Continue and We're "Lucky"

Team Reba: Donny Van Slee versus Josh Sanders sang When it Rains it Pours by Luke Combs-- I thinnk they're both great, personally I have been a Donny fan since day one, but Josh is likable as well. Chance says Donny is a star and he compliments Josh's runs. He says she can't lose with either. Dan and Shay liked their energy but say that Josh has better control over his vocals. John felt Josh's performance was well executed. Reba bonded with them both and doesn't want to make a decision. 
Reba chose Josh


Team Legend: Ronnie Wilson versus Gene Taylor sang When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars-- This was actually what seemed to be such an odd pairing to me, but these two turned in an amazing performance. Ronnie impressed me because he kept up with Gene who was fierce. Gene has incredible intuition. Reba loved both their tones and thought they were crazy on the high notes. Chance says that they have cool individual voices that mesh well together. Dan and Shay said some of Gene's high notes weren't legal. John thought the performance was honest, authentic, and full of heart. 


Team Dan and Shay: Kyle Schuesler versus Madison Curbelo sang Lucky by Jason Mraz-- I found the song a little boring, but I love the artistry of both Kyle and Madison. They are both amazing and I hope both of them stay in the competition. John reminded them that he turned for both of them and that he loved their beautiful performance. He'd lean towards Madison. Reba said she absolutely loved it and that the performance touched her heart. She loved Madison but preferred Kyle's tone and would go with him. Chance suggested that Dan and Shay should use their Playoff Pass. Chance said that they can both win the show. Dan believed that they both deserve to win the show. 


Team Chance: Serenity Arce versus Bri Fletcher sang Someone to Love by Lewis Capaldi-- Both of these ladies are great singers. I would give the edge to Serenity because to be that young and that talented is crazy. Shay said Serenity I believed every word, emotional and raw. He said Bri sometimes was trying to be so perfect that she felt outside of the song. Dan complimented their friendship. John said I love when I see artists collaborate together, thank you for embracing that. Bri you have a lot of range, Serenity you're very compelling, I'd pick Serenity. Reba picked up on the emotion. Serenity you channelled that into a great performance. Reba would pick Bri. Chance said Serenity you have a specific tone, you're poised and polished. Bri you're such a strong singer and you have great control. This is a tough decision.  Chance chose Serenity. 



Montaged: 

Team Chance: Dani Stacey versus Corey Curtis, Chance chose Dani 

Team Dan and Shay: Ryan Coleman versus Ducote Talmage sang Rock and a Hard Place by Bailey Zimmerman-- I genuinely enjoyed both of them. I loved the energy that Ducote brought and I think that he was more confident than Ryan. Ryan had the better control and I loved the sense of fight he brought to the battle. John loves the scratch in Ducote's voice, he loved Ryan's interaction. He'd lean towards Ducote. Reba said you guys sounded great together. She'd go with Ducote. Chance said Ryan really wanted it, you had great control. You helped Ducote. If it was my choice, I'd go Ryan. Dan and Shay talked before they made a decision and they went with Ducote. 


Team Legend: Olivia Rubini versus Jackie Romeo sang Edge of Seventeen by Fleetwood Mac-- They both have awesome voices, quite underrated. I love Jackie's tone. Olivia has such an edge to her voice. I loved the dynamics that Olivia brought to the performance. Reba said way to go, I love that song. Reba said I don't know who to choose. Chance said Jackie you have a fuller voice, Olivia, you can belt. I'd give the edge to Jackie. Dan and Shay said that was one of the most together battle rounds. John said Olivia you have a softer approach whereas Jackie your voice cuts through. John chose Jackie. Dan and Shay stole Olivia. 


Great performances, I cannot wait to pick my top 10! 





No comments: