Wednesday, November 15, 2023

The Voice Season 24: Unstoppable Performance in These Three Way Knockouts

Team Legend

Deejay Young singing Breakin' My Heart (Pretty Brown Eyes) -- This was a bit of an obscure song choice. 

Lila Forde singing Fire and Rain by James Taylor -- I like this for her, even though it was a little sleepy, it displayed the nuances of her voice so well. 

Stee singing Pretty Wings by Maxwell-- This was such a beautiful performance. He is a singer who knows who he is. This was my fave performance. 

John chose Lila and Gwen stole Stee. 

Montaged: 

Team Gwen

BIAS singing You Should Probably Leave by Chris Stapleton beat Jason Arcilla  and Jenna Marquis 

Team Niall

Claudia B singing Don't Know Why by Nora Jones -- Boring song choice for her, she is super talented but undersold herself on this one. I love her more than the song. 

Huntley singing Dead or Alive by Jon Bon Jovi -- He is a favorite for me in this competition. I can definitely see him winning it all. His voice is just so clutch. 

Noah Spencer singing Where Rainbows Never Die by The Steeldrivers -- I am a huge Noah fan. He is unique, young, and talented. I am not super familiar with this song, I was hoping he'd do something more main stream, but he makes me a believer every time I hear him. 

Niall chose Huntley, saved Claudia B., and Reba stole Noah. John tried to steal Claudia and Noah! Wow this was quite the trio. 



Team Reba

Ms Monet singing Best of my Love-- I loved this performance, Ms Monet has such attitude and personality and really sold the song. She is also such a talented vocalist. 

Rachele Nguyen singing Die from a Broken Heart by Maddie & Tae-- She's experienced so much growth but the other two outshined her. 

Ruby Leigh singing Blue by Leann Rimes-- This performance was original country. There is something about Ruby that makes you feel like you're in a time capsule. 

Reba chose Ruby


Team Gwen 

Kara Tenae singing Leave Get Out by Jojo-- Loved her performance, she's the real deal from a soul perspective. 

Kristen Brown singing This One's for the Girls by Martina McBride-- Oh wow, this was good, she impressed me. 

CORii singing Ain't It Fun by Paramore-- Fun performance, I enjoy watching CORii perform. 

Gwen chose Kara and John stole Kristen 



Tuesday Episode

Team Legend

Brandon Montel singing Nobody Gets Me by SZA-- Brandon did have great presence, he was very connected to the song. 

Taylor Deneen singing Sweet Thing by Rufus and Chaka Kahn-- One of my fave songs. Wow, the coaches were all on their feet for Taylor. She was so good, in such good voice tonight. Loved her. She and Mac should move on is my opinion here. 

Mac Royals singing Lost Without You by Robin Thicke-- Mac was so good, that was so flipping impressive, the vocals, the look everything. I loved this, he is a star. 

John chose Mac and saved Taylor 




Montaged Team Reba: Reba chose Jordan Rainer over Caitlin Quisenberry and Elizabeth Evans

Team Niall

Alexa Wildish singing Believe by Cher-- I love how she put her own interpretation of the song. It reinvented the lyrics for me. 

Julia Roome singing Unstoppable by Sia-- Wow! At 13, this young lady is impressive. Her vocal for this was sick!!! 

Lennon Vanderdoes singing I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz-- Lennon has such a unique tone. You have to really use your breath well for this song and he absolutely did. 

Niall chose Alexa











No comments: