Tuesday, November 28, 2023

The Voice Season 24: Team Gwen and Team Reba Give Their All

Team Reba 

Jordan Rainger sang Boondocks by Little Big Town-- Hmm I liked it but I didn't love it. She felt sharp at certain points for me. I liked the song choice but didn't love how she did it from a style standpoint. John said people who should be in the lives are people who have a strong sense of who they are. Reba said she was so proud. 

SUPER SAVE Ms Monet sang Until You Come Back to Me by Aretha Franklin-- Wow! I am so happy Reba invited Ms Monet back. This was my favorite performance. Her vocals were emotional and powerful. Loved it! Niall said you paid homage to Aretha but you also put some Ms Monet on it. Reba said to watch you walk on the stage, I am so proud to know you. 



Jacquie Roar sang The Chain by Fleetwood Mac-- This is one of my favorite Fleetwood Mac songs and this performance was just incredible. John said it was his favorite Jacquie performance so far, it was tasteful and he loved it. Gwen said you never seem to look nervous. You kept turning up the gears louder and louder. Reba said you went for it, and you nailed it. 



Noah Spencer sang Jolene by Ray LaMontagne-- That was an amazing performance. Niall said you're such a talent and your voice is so unique. Gwen said when you perform you are so available through the songs, you're a really great artist. Reba said you turned it up from zero to ten from rehearsals, congratulations. 

Ruby Leigh sang Long Long Time by Linda Ronstadt-- This was beautiful and I absolutely loved her rendition of this song.  Niall said you are one of one, that is the best version of that song I ever heard.  



Reba chose Jordan, Jacquie, and Ruby to move on to the Live Shows

I would have chosen Jacquie, Ruby, and Noah


Team Gwen

Stee sang Shut Up and Dance by Walk the Moon-- This wasn't my fave song choice but I think he is a polished and great performer. 

BIAS sang Where I Find God by Larry Fleet-- Wow! This guy is smart and he looks like a star. This was such a good song choice. What an awesome performance. Gwen said your originality is so pure. I am honored and proud to have you on my team. 



Rudi sang My All / Mi Todo by Mariah Carey-- She sounds amazing! I loved this song choice for her and that she did it in English and Spanish. She also looks gorgeous, like a star. Niall thought it was special. John thought her degree of difficulty was high. Gwen said you did a beautiful job and you could do any song. 



Tanner Massey sang Impossible by Shontelle-- This performance was emphatic and passionate. I totally loved everything about this and I think Tanner needs to be in the lives because people are going to love him. Reba said you are cute a button and your performance was really good. Niall said you remind me of me when I was younger and I am a big fan. Gwen said you have grown a lot before my eyes and I am super proud. 



SUPER SAVE Lennon Vanderdoes sang Falling Slowly-- This song was so perfect for Lennon; I don't know if it is enough for him to advance but I love his artistry. Niall said that was such a special moment, you're a proper artist. John said you are very consistent, you come out here and execute every time. Reba said I like to be able to identify the artists I listen to and you have that ability. 

Kara Tenae sang Rain by SWV-- This was a magical performance. I loved everything about it-- the song, the vocals, the dynamics, and the emotion. She was simply amazing. One of my fave performances of the night. Niall said you never over perform, that was my favorite performance of you. John said she sounded magical and looked like a star on stage; he said it made him nostalgic. Gwen said what you do is very hard, and you were in control of your voice. 



Gwen chose BIAS, Kara, and Tanner 

I agree with Gwen's choices although I still feel like Rudi should be in this competition, she was so good. 

No comments: