Thursday, November 30, 2023

The Voice Season 24: Send Me an Angel.....

Team Legend:

SUPER SAVE Azan sang Adorn by Miguel-- I loved her rendition of this, she sounded amazing. This super save has to go through to the live shows. She put her own style and swag on it just like Miguel. Reba said I loved your stage presence, I couldn't take my eyes off you.  Niall said that was your best performance, the runs were so tasteful. Gwen said you walked in and sang that song with such ease, it was sexy and swaggy. John said I wouldn't change anything. 



Kristen Brown sang Need You Now by Lady A-- Okay, so I liked it but I did not love it. I wanted more angst and emotion in her voice. Reba said you made the country crowd so proud. Gwen was regretting letting her go. John thought she had great breath control and that is was perfectly executed. 

Kaylee Shimizu sang You Put a Move on My Heart by Quincy Jones and Tamia-- Amazing! Wow! I did not think she could top her previous performances, this was amazing for me. One of my favorite voices in this competition. Reba said you are destined for stardom. John said you have so much composure, death, and range; you are so special Kaylee. 



Taylor Deneen sang Get Here by Oleta Adams-- This was so tasteful and beautiful. Taylor is such a gifted vocalist. She is mature and poised beyond her years. John is going to have some tough decisions to make because he has a stacked team full of stellar vocalists. Reba said way to go. Gwen said this is one of my favorite songs and it is so perfect for your voice, I would buy your record tomorrow. John said you carry yourself with such elegance, it felt like you were putting on a great concert.



Lila Forde sang Angel from Montgomery by John Prine-- I love how her personality shone through in this performance. Her vocals were unique and her tone was warm all the way through. She was just so so good! Niall said you were incredible, you are one of my favorite acts on the voice. Gwen said you sound like someone who has a 70s vibe but it flows through you naturally. Reba said you are the complete package. John called her runs fresh but classic. 



Mac Royals sang Untitled by D'Angelo-- He is so good. This was such a good song choice for him. I loved the whole performance start to finish. Gwen said I was blown away, I loved how you were on the stage, everything. Reba said I am so proud of you and I know your grandma would be too. Niall said I felt like I was just watching the finale. John said I put you up there with the best I have ever been around. You are rewarding the leap of faith I took. 



John chose Mac, Lila, and Azan.... I think John made the right choices but I am awfully sorry to see Kaylee and Taylor go because they are both immensely talented. 

No comments: