Monday, November 6, 2023

The Voice Season 24: Hold My Hand Through the End of the Battles!

Team Niall brought us Huntley and Brailey Lenderman singing Hold My Hand by Hootie and the Blowfish-- I loved this battle, the song is a little overdone but I heard it in a different way and different light than I ever have before. They were both great, but Huntley's voice and whole vibe is incredible. Gwen says she is scared that Huntley will win the Voice. John said Brailey was powerful, made great choices while still keeping it fresh. Huntley has such magnetism and energy that he conveys. Reba wanted to go up and sing with them. Niall said it was the best version of the song he had heard. Niall chose Huntley. 


Team Reba brought us Caitlin Quisinberry and Crystal Nicole singing The Song Remembers When by Trisha Yearwood-- Both ladies sounded beautiful. They complimented each other beautifully. Niall said Crystal's voice was round and warm, and he loved Caitlin as a storyteller. Gwen called Caitlin memorable, and Crystal you have a strength in your voice. Reba said Trisha would be thrilled with that. She said they were both so good. Reba chose Caitlin, she said she's like a country pop artist. Crystal was so gracious and said she learned so much. 

Team Gwen brought us Brandon Montel and Kara Tenae singing Have You Ever by Brandy-- I thought both of them played their parts well, but Kara won that battle for me because she emoted the song beautifully. Reba said she was entertained by that performance. She would pick Kara because she was fascinated with her. Niall said the technical part of that was crazy. He would lean toward Brandon for uniqueness. Gwen articulated that Brandon did better in rehearsal whereas Kara elevated from rehearsal. Gwen chose Kara and John stole Brandon. 


The Knockouts! 3 Way Knockouts! 

Reba-- Jacquie Roar sang Girl by Maren Morris 

Tom Nitti sang I Know (I'm Losing You) by The Temptations

Alison Albrecht sang It's Too Late by Carole King

Tom is so soulful. He would be my top choice. I did see Alison's growth but I was left wanting more from her. Jacquie is so gifted vocally but this was not my fave song choice for her. Gwen called Tom soulful and swaggy. John loved Alison's tone and she was his fave voice, but total package he picked Jacquie. 

Reba chose Jacquie and saved Tom 



Team Legend-- Kaylee Shimizu sang Ain't No Way by Aretha Franklin 

Caleb Sasser sang Jealous by Nick Jonas

Mara Justine sang Without You by Mariah Carey 

Caleb has such range and it's so effortless. Kaylee is so good! She is so poised and there's an old soul in there, her voice emotes so much. I loved Mara, I thought she killed that. Reba loved Caleb's presence, and Kaylee's voice. Niall said he cannot keep his eyes off Mara, and Kaylee your voice and stage presence. Gwen wanted more sass from Caleb, every song Mara sings could be her song. 

John chose Kaylee and Gwen and Niall are trying to steal Mara. 



No comments: