Monday, December 3, 2018

The Voice Season 15: The Top 10 Are What I Like

Team Jennifer: Kennedy Holmes sang Me Too by Meghan Trainor-- All the coaches were on their feet. She was incredible, her vocals were on point; she's the total package. Kelly said the moonwalk was crazy, singing this was a great move for you tonight. Adam said if that's 13, I sucked at being 13. J Hud said you never disappoint.

Team Adam: Reagan Strange sang Cry by Faith Hill-- Reagan is special, that song covers a lot of ground vocally and she sang it so effortlessly. Blake said I wanna cry since you didn't pick me as your coach, I'm still upset about that. That's a hard song to sing. Kelly said what I love about you most is how you express emotion. Adam said she raised the song a half step higher than the original. When you get up there and sing, you command the attention of everyone in the room, I am nothing but proud of you.

Team Kelly: Sarah Grace sang Amazing Grace-- At first I wasn't feeling this version, but I thought she did a great job of keeping with the meaning of the song, but totally flipping it. It was so smoldering and bluesy. Jennifer said this showed your confidence to be able to take something like that and make it your own. Kelly said it is her favorite version of Amazing Grace.

Team Kelly: Kymberli Joye sang Oceans by Hillsong United-- That song was so beautiful. She moved me with that performance. Blake said I feel like that is your most powerful performance so far. You were finally able to reign in everything and give us a controlled, tasteful performance. Jennifer said there is nothing you can't sing. Kelly said your capability to touch other people is insane.

Team Blake: Chris Kroeze sang Callin' Baton Rouge by The Oak Ridge Boys-- I love Chris's authenticity. He performs with such love for what he does. Blake said he is proud of him as a coach and as a fellow country singer and musician.

Team Blake: Dave Fenley sang When You Say Nothing at All by Alison Krauss-- I liked the statement that Blake made when he said Dave has paid his dues. That's very clear. I didn't love this song for him, but Blake said it was different than anything he has done before.

Team Adam: DeAndre Nico sang That's What I Like by Bruno Mars-- To me, this is much more in DeAndre's wheelhouse than anything he has sang in the past. This suited his voice and style so much. J Hud said you sang that song down, you showed a more performance side of yourself. Kelly said I loved how you ended the song, you left them wanting more. Adam said it's so special to be here and experience that, you stepped it up.

Team Kelly: Chevel Shepherd sang You're Looking at Country by Loretta Lynn-- This song was old school but Chevel managed to pull it off. Blake said, Chevel you found a way to make the song even more country than it was originally. J Hud said you're adorable and I love every single thing you say and do. Adam said you're so cute and so talented, I can't stand it. Kelly said I am so blessed that you picked me, I can't wait to hear your record.

Team Blake: Kirk Jay sang Tomorrow by Chris Young-- Great song choice for him! I completely agree with all the coaches comments. This was so unique. J Hud and Blake were on their feet. J Hud said I am your co-coach, this boy needs to make a country album. Adam said I am a big fan of yours as well. It feels like when you perform, something new is happening for country music, I am transfixed by what you do.

Team Jennifer: MaKenzie Thomas sang Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion-- This MaKenzie can sing! Wow, she did Celine proud! I loved this. Jennifer compared her to all the powerful female singers out there.

Tough call on who is going home tomorrow night!



No comments: