Monday, November 26, 2018

The Voice Season 15: The Top 11 Bring the Emotion!

Team Blake: Dave Fenley sang Use Me by Bill Withers-- Blake said Dave just threw himself into that performance. I like Dave so much and his charisma sold the song for me. I just didn't think it was the right song choice for him.

Team Kelly: Chevel Shepherd sang Space Cowboy by Kacey Musgraves-- I loved this song choice for her. Kelly complimented her vocal tone and her storytelling quality.

Team Adam: Reagan Strange sang Complicated by Avril Lavigne-- Blake said I am such a fan of yours. There is something special about you, a ton of charisma and you sing perfectly. Adam continues to be impressed by her and believes she could win the competition. Reagan is one of my personal favorites. She is so young and her potential is limitless.

Team Kelly: Kymberli Joye sang Break Every Chain by Tasha Cobbs-- Another odd song choice, I didn't love the repetition of the chorus and towards the end it sounded like shouting. Jennifer said it sounded like being at the Voice baptist church.

Team Blake: Kirk Jay sang Body Like a Back Road by Sam Hunt-- I like that this was the song choice because Sam Hunt is contemporary country which is what I could see Kirk doing. Blake said what the hell are you doing up there? You are George Strait fixed with Rascal Flatts. You're one of a kind.

Team Blake: Chris Kroeze sang Long Train Runnin' by The Doobie Brothers-- My hands down fave performance of the night! Chris is truly bringing back this 70's rock style sound. His guitar solo was really strong. Blake called his performance incredible.

Team Kelly: Lynnae Moorer sang Consequences by Camila Cabello-- I think it was so smart to have her doing a current song. Jennifer said you surprise me every time, you look like a star. You continue to raise the bar and you should be proud of yourself. Kelly said you are making each moment count.

Team Jennifer: MaKenzie Thomas sang Emotion by The Bee Gees--Stunning vocal! It was different than the Bee Gees and different than Destiny's Child. I loved this! She needs to make the finals. Jennifer and Kelly were on their feet. Jennifer said you are so skilled.

Team Kelly: Sarah Grace sang The Dog Days Are Over by Florence and the Machine-- Blake said I have been a fan of yours from the beginning. That is my favorite performance of yours so far. I did not realize she was 16. I actually heard her for the first time tonight. Blake was right, this was by far her best performance. Kelly praised her for being a smart singer.

Team Adam: DeAndre Nico sang Cry for You by Jodeci-- Wow! I mean that performance was so him, he is bringing back the classic 90's R&B. Jennifer said you took me back DeAndre. Adam said it was the song everyone wanted him to do but they didn't know that they wanted him to do that. That song does take you back and it was an amazing time in music. DeAndre commands the stage.

Team Jennifer: Kennedy Holmes sang The Greatest Love of All by Whitney Houston-- Blake, Kelly, and Jenn were on their feet. Jennifer said we will vote for you, you were wonderful, we will see your name in lights. She was incredible. She truly channeled Whitney in that performance.

Chevel, Kymberli, and Dave are my bottom three prediction.


No comments: