Monday, November 19, 2018

The Voice Season 15: You Say it's The Top 13

Team Blake: Chris Kroeze sang Let it Be by The Beatles-- What a great tribute.  Chris is dedicating this to a young girl from his hometown who was abducted. Chris is one of my favorites, the tone of his voice is so unique. Hopefully being up first is not going to hurt him.

Team Adam: Tyke James sang Everything I Do I Do it For You by Bryan Adams-- He is creative and original, but I was not crazy about his version of the song. Kelly said this is my favorite thing you have done. You stand apart, you're so creative.

Team Adam: DeAndre Nico sang I Can Only Imagine by MercyMe--- DeAndre is probably the most talented vocalist this season. He needs to be a finalist for sure, and anything less would be unfair. Jennifer said that must be a mighty girlfriend for you to dedicate that to her. I love the spirit you brought to the song. Adam calls his voice identifiable! So true Adam!

Team Kelly: Kymberli  Joye sang Diamonds by Rihanna--  Her voice was sharp and affected at points. Her tone overall was warm. I liked this, but didn't love it. Kelly said you sing it different every time.

Team Jennifer: Kennedy Holmes sang Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler-- I think this song is way too old for her. I find her extremely talented for her age, and I hope despite this mistake in singing this, she gets through.

Team Jennifer: SandyRedd sang It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday by Boyz II Men-- I liked the moments when she came away from her low voice. Her voice was emotional and it really soared. This was a great song choice for her. Beautiful! Blake said I love seeing an emotional side. He said the low register of your voice is amazing.

Team Kelly: Chevel Shepherd sang Little White Church by Little Big Town-- Probably the most energetic performance of the night. Chevel was fierce, did not show her young age at all! She was so experienced and so poised on the stage. I hope this young lady gets through. Kelly talked about how awesome she is at 16.

Team Jennifer: MaKenzie Thomas sang I am Changing by Dreamgirls-- Perfect song for her, first night that I really took notice of her and heard her. What a stunning performance! I was surprised that more of a big deal was not made about her performance!

Team Kelly: Sarah Grace sang Goodbye Yellow Brick Road by Elton John-- I wanted to hear a more contemporary song from her. I am not sure how many people are going to vote for her or remember this performance. She might be in danger tonight.

Team Blake: Dave Finley sang Hard to Love by Lee Brice-- Not my fave song but Dave is so genuine and authentic. I loved this. Adam said Dave is one of his favorites in the competition. Blake said that what Dave is doing right now is so important.

Team Kelly: Lynnea Moorer sang Wolves by Selena Gomez-- Lynnea is so inspiring, I loved her! Wolves is not a fave song of mine, but I loved the way she sang it. She made it her own and her voice is beautiful.

Team  Blake: Kirk Jay sang I'm Already There by Lonestar-- Whether or not Kirk wins this competition, he is going to be a HUGE star! Jennifer said I don't care whose team you are on, you are bad, bad, bad.

Team Adam: Reagan Strange sang You Say by Lauren Daigle-- Adam said Reagan you epitomize what this show stands for. You are a truly amazing artist! Wow, I completely agree, Reagan is well beyond her years. I think she is going to be in the finals too.

Sarah, Kymberli, and Tyke are my bottom three.

No comments: