Tuesday, November 6, 2018

The Voice Season 15: The Knockouts Are The Best Thing

Sorry, so last week, I was busy but I did watch all the performances.

Team Adam: Keith Paluso singing You Are the Best Thing by Ray LaMontagne vs. Tyke James singing Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash-- I am usually right in line with how Adam feels about contestants but I honestly thought he should have chosen Keith here, but maybe it's because what he did was so expected and what Tyke did was so unexpected.
Adam chose Tyke, tried to save Keith but Kelly stepped up too and he chose her!

Team Kelly: Kymberli Joye singing The Middle by Zedd and Maren Morris vs. Zaxai singing Cruisin' by Smokey Robinson vs. Natasia Greycloud singing Tennessee Whiskey-- Natasia was the best in this, she was vocally the strongest and had the strongest performance. Zaxai, I would advance based on that stunning falsetto. I was not feeling Kymberli's performance.
Kelly chose Kymberli and Zaxai to move forward. Thank goodness, Blake saved Natasia!

Team Jennifer: MaKenzie Thomas singing How Deep is Your Love by The Bee Gees vs. Mike Parker singing Breakeven by The Script-- I wasn't crazy about either performance.
Jennifer chose MaKenzie

Team Adam: Radha singing I'll Be There by The Jackson 5/ Mariah Carey vs. Reagan Strange singing Dancing on my Own by Robyn-- Reagan won this knockout for me. At points, I didn't like Radha's tone. Adam thought Reagan made a gutsy song choice! I agree! She was so so good. Her voice is mature beyond years.
Adam chose Reagan and saved Radha, a little surprising on the save cause she had some pitch issues for me.

Team Blake: Katrina Cain singing Don't Let Me Down by The Chainsmokers vs. Funsho singing Earned It by The Weeknd-- Funsho by far won this vocal knockout. He sang Earned It so effortlessly. Kelly called Funsho a beast and Adam said he was an exciting performer.
Blake chose Funsho

Team Jennifer: Patrique Fortson singing I Don't Want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith vs. SandyRedd singing Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande-- Performance wise, Patrique made the better song choice! Dangerous Woman was an odd song choice for SandyRedd, although she can do no wrong in terms of her vocal ability.
Jennifer chose Patrique and saved SandyRedd

Team Jennifer: Franc West singing Call Out My Name by The Weeknd vs. Tyshawn Colquitt singing Pillowtalk by Zayn-- I actually liked both of these guys. They each offered something different to me yet they are both classic R&B singers. Kelly and Jennifer both commented on Tyshawn's range! Adam said that they are pretty even but Franc might be a little further ahead in artistry. Jennifer said that Franc's voice cuts like a knife.
Jennifer chose Franc

Team Kelly: Claire DeJean singing There's Nothing Holding Me Back by Shawn Mendes vs. Abby Cates singing Because of You by Kelly Clarkson-- Claire has a gorgeous round tone but she was way too breathy throughout this song. This song is hard to sing because there's a lot of words, and it was like she just ran out of air. Abby is not my fave by a long shot but she out-sang Claire.
Kelly chose Abby and comforted a crying Claire

Team Blake: Dave Fenley singing Stuck on You by Lionel Ritchie vs. Kameron Marlowe singing I Shot the Sheriff by Bob Marley-- I thought both of these guys were so creative and original, so dynamic. They definitely both deserved to win. I felt like both of their song choices were not songs I would have expected them to sing.
Blake chose Dave and Adam saved Kameron 

Team Kelly: Chevel Shepherd singing Travelin' Soldier vs. Sarah Grace singing I'd Rather Go Blind-- I loved Chevel here, I would definitely go with her. Adam agreed and leaned toward Chevel. Blake felt Sarah hit it out of the park and he would go with her. Kelly liked that they both picked bold and fearless songs.
Kelly chose Chevel and saved Sarah! Kelly kept both of them!

Team Adam: DeAndre Nico singing Wanted by Hunter Hayes vs. Jake Wells singing Yellow by Coldplay-- Jake was so willing to go outside the box on this song. Wow! DeAndre was amazing, I loved his soulful take on Wanted. Blake said his performance was brilliant. Kelly said Jake, I loved how you took a classic and did something rad with it. DeAndre your voice is so powerful. I wish Jake could have stayed also, he is such an artist.
Adam chose DeAndre

Team Jennifer: Anthony Arya singing Operator by Jim Croce vs. Kennedy Holmes singing What About Us by Pink-- Actually loved both of these contestants. Both artist clearly know who they are. Anthony is so defined at such a young age, and Kennedy is so vulnerable. I love that about her. Jennifer had very similar sentiments.
Jennifer chose Kennedy

Team Blake: Kirk Jay singing In Case You Didn't Know vs. Colton Smith singing Lady Marmalade by Patti LaBelle-- These two guys could not be more different than each other. They both are passionate about what they do. Blake said Kirk is so special and to embrace this moment and not be afraid of it.
Blake chose Kirk and Jennifer saved Colton

Team Adam: Delaney Silvernell singing Praying by Kesha vs. Steve Memmolo singing Unaware by Allen Stone-- I liked both of them but I think I would have to give the edge to Steve and I was not even initially a Steve fan. Blake said this is very evenly matched-- Delaney you're one of my favorites, and Steve your overall presence fills the room, vocally you had the edge. Jennifer enjoyed listening to Delaney and it was intriguing watching you Steve, maybe Steve. Kelly thought this was Delaney's best performance so far, and thought Steve's performance was incredible. Adam said he had a tough choice and he said I am going to pick who is ready right now.
Adam chose Steve

Team Blake: Chris Kroeze singing Burning House by Kam vs. Michael Lee singing Whipping Post by The Allman Brothers--  Loved Chris's performance, his vocal was so unique and beautiful. I felt his heart in that. Michael was a beast, his performance was emphatic. Kelly said Michael your tone was incredible. Adam said he would go with Chris. Blake said Chris your voice is ridiculous, your voice is so high and has so much power. Michael, I look a you, and I don't think you're gonna sound like that.
Blake chose Michael and saved Chris! They both deserved to move forward.

No comments: