Monday, December 10, 2018

The Voice Season 15: The Top 8 Are a Vision

Team Kelly: Sarah Grace sang Sign of the Times by Harry Styles-- Not my favorite song but well thought out. It was a solid vocal, I don't think it was her best performance, so whether or not she will make it to the finals is based on how things go for the remainder of the night. Kelly emphasized how young Sarah is.

Duet with Reagan and Kennedy

Team Jennifer: MaKenzie Thomas sang Vision of Love by Mariah Carey-- Kelly said I cannot stand it, you are so good. She said this show is called The Voice and that performance is what this is all about. Blake said that is one of the best performances I have ever seen. J Hud said you are a coach's dream. MaKenzie has been by far the most consistent contestant this season. If there is such thing as a shoe in for the Finale, it must be her. The vocals are in a different class than everyone else.

Duet with Chevel and Kirk

Team Kelly: Kymberli Joye sang Never Alone by Tori Kelly-- Jennifer said I felt like I was at a gospel musical concert. Kelly said I love you, and I think you are so talented. I was inspired by Kymberli's performance. Her vocals were so genuine.

Team Blake: Chris Kroeze sang Can't You See by The Marshall Tucker Band-- Kelly said Chris is a storyteller and so nostalgic. You represent an important part of music which is nostalgia. Blake said thank you for giving the beer drinking, back road driving viewers someone to route for. I notice that they are not going to Adam at all tonight. Chris has been a favorite of mine since the beginning and I do hope that he makes it to the finale because I agree with Kelly in terms of what he represents.

Duet with MaKenzie and Kymberli

Team Jennifer: Kennedy Holmes sang This Is Me from The Greatest Showman-- This song was so appropriate for her. She was shining throughout the performance. Jennifer talked about just how proud she is of Kennedy.

Team Adam: Reagan Strange sang You Are the Reason by Calum Scott-- Blake said I always love your performances. Yours tonight was a breath of fresh air. Adam said she commanded the stage and he said I believe in you. It's been an honor being your coach. It was a nice performance, with that being said, I have questions about why she couldn't sing last week.

Duet with Sarah and Chris

Team Kelly: Chevel Shepherd sang Blue by LeAnn Rimes-- Chevel is another contestant on the show who has a certain nostalgia about her. She did LeAnn's song so perfectly, it's a deceptively hard song to sing and she did it justice. Kelly said you are pure country and you're the kind of country that I love. You are so talented.

Team Blake: Kirk Jay sang I Swear by John Michael Montgomery--J Hud said I am your biggest fan. One of the things I will miss most when this is over is hearing you sing.  Adam praised his "identifiability" in terms of the uniqueness of his voice. Blake reiterated how proud he is of Kirk. It's really cool watching Kirk sing every week because you know when he gets up on stage that he is doing something that is different.

My Final Four (in no particular order)--- Kirk, Chris, MaKenzie, and Kymberli



No comments: