Wednesday, February 25, 2015

American Idol Season 14: The Top 12 Guys

Adam Ezegelian sang I Wanna Rock by Twisted Sister-- Wasn't crazy about this at all, it's like he was mimicking someone who sings these types of songs. I feel like anyone can scream into a mic. The judges loved it though.

Michael Simeon sang How Am I Supposed to Live Without You by Michael Bolton-- Harry thought he did a good job. Jenn enjoyed it, and Keith loved it, felt it was a controlled performance. I remember Michael in the other rounds, and I really like him, this is somewhat of an odd song choice, but I hope he sticks around.

Savion Wright sang Hey Soul Sister by Train-- I like Savion, I liked what he did with the song, but in a way, I felt like he played it safe. All the judges like Savion, but Keith felt like it wasn't necessarily the best song choice for him, and I agree. Jenn said remember that the people at home are voting and you don't want to forget that you're playing for them.

Mark Andrew sang The Weight by The Band-- I wish the song had gone somewhere, but I like Mark a lot, and I think his voice is unique, but yet, it's what people want right now. So I think Mark is someone who has the potential to do really well in this competition if people vote for him, and he makes it through. Keith thought it was the perfect song choice for him, and Harry echoed that. Jenn said you have a real chance at this because your vibe is so right now.

Trevor Douglas sang Best I Ever Had by Gavin DeGraw-- I loved Trevor, he was my favorite so far. I loved his energy and performance level. The judges all loved his positive outlook, and energy, but they felt that his vocals were good, not what they usually are.

Clark Beckham sang When a Man Loves a Woman by Percy Sledge-- Great vocals, blew many people before him away in terms of sheer technicality. I loved how he took this classic song and interpreted it in a slightly different way. Jenn said goosies all day. Harry said you're extremely talented. Keith said Nashville representing tonight, that was killer.

Rayvon Owen sang Jealous by Nick Jonas-- This was a fun performance, such a great song, and an equally great vocal. Rayvon has a great Motown sound. Harry said great vocal, and great song choice. Jenn thought she wanted him to have a little more edge and attitude with the song. Keith said your falsetto was good, and it sounded good.

Daniel Seavey sang I'm Yours by Jason Mraz-- Daniel is clearly so likeable, I would have liked to hear him sing out a little bit more, I felt like the vocal was a little quiet. I was left wanting more. Keith said good song for you, you got to the high notes. Jenn said you need to make sure you're consistent all the way through the song.

Riley Bria sang Homeboy by Eric Church-- Nice country vocal, I didn't love the song on him. I totally agree with Jenn I love how he is sweet with a little bit of edge. Harry said you remind so much of Keith. Keith liked the song choice, and can't wait to hear more.

Quentin Alexander sang I Put a Spell on You by Screamin Jay Hawkins-- I think Quentin has great vocal skills, again, I agree with Jenn, his dynamics were spot on. Harry said I hope America gives you a chance, and you make brave choices. Jenn said you have drama and you're dynamic, one of your great performances. Keith said it was a Grammy worthy performance.

Nick Fradiani sang Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran-- Keith and Jenn both thought it was a great performance, one of the best. Harry said it was a strong vocal. I agree, it started out kinda slow, but then he picked up the pace and his vocals were great.

Quassim Middleton sand Uptown Funk by Bruno Mars and Mark Ronson-- I didn't love this, but I love Quassim. I thought the song deviated too much from what it's supposed to be. I didn't think this was the right song choice for him. Jenn said you're so my type of performer. Harry thought he left it all on the stage. Keith thought his charisma killed it.

Predictions.....Who is in trouble?

Adam, Savion, Michael, Trevor, Quassim, Daniel
-----------------------------

Who's Who--

The Top 24

Guys:
Girls:



No comments: