Monday, April 7, 2014

The Voice Season 6: Round 2 of the Battles, Part 2 and 3

Part 2:

Team Blake: Sisaundra Lewis vs. Biff Gore sang It's a Man's Man's Man's World by James Brown-- All things considered this was a fairly matched battle. Sisaundra brings the sick vocal and Biff brings the entertainment factor. What it came down to for Blake was those killer vocals.
Blake chose Sisaundra

Team Shakira: Dendyl vs. Deja Hall sang Say Something by a Great Big World and Christina Aguilera-- My favorite in this was Deja; I think she is so talented and poised for someone her age. Adam brought up Deja's rich tone. Blake liked Deja's innocence but admired Ddendyl's artistry. Usher felt like going with Deja was right because she has so much room to grow.
Shakira chose Deja

Team Shakira: Emily B vs Kristen Merlin sang I Can Love You Better by Dixie Chicks-- Kristen Merlin wins the Battle

Team Usher: Stevie Jo vs. Morgan Wallen sang Story of My Life by One Direction-- Usher said, Morgan, I didn't know you had a falsetto, and he said Stevie Jo has this amazing ability to sing tricky melodies. I enjoyed both singers, and I liked how they turned a straight pop song into a ballad.
Usher chose Stevie Jo and Adam stole Morgan


Part 3:

Team Shakira: Clarissa Serna vs Dani Moz sang Perfect by Pink-- Maybe it's cause they were first out of the gate tonight but I wasn't all that impressed with either one. Dani won! Yay!
Shakira chose Dani

Team Adam: Dawn & Hawkes vs. Kat Perkins sang Suddenly I See by K.T. Tunstall-- Blake felt like Dawn & Hawkes were backing Kat up. Usher jumped on the Kat bandwagon as well. Dawn & Hawkes sounded as one and Kat stood out, Shakira said. Adam said Kat is one of the most underrated singers in this competition. I didn't think Kat was all that great, I would have picked Dawn & Hawkes.
Adam chose Kat

Team Usher: Melissa Jimenez vs. Music Box sang Girl on Fire by Alicia Keys-- I thought both artists were quite strong, I preferred Melissa's style a little bit more, so I lean more towards her. Unsure what Shakira was talking about when she was talking about many weak moments in the performance. Adam said they both had good moments but Melissa perhaps had more good moments. Blake said Melissa is a smooth singer, but he is still curious about Music Box and for that reason would go with her. Usher said because he is looking forward to teaching her, he picks Melissa.
Usher chose Melissa

Team Blake: Kaleigh Glanton vs. Ryan Whyte Maloney sang Easy by Rascal Flatts and Natasha Bedingfield-- Usher said he felt the challenge of the song but felt that Kaleigh and Ryan were supportive of one another. Blake was impressed with both of them. He decided he needed to go with overall consistency and chose Ryan. I agree; he's conquered some tough songs. Kaleigh allowed her nerves to get the best of her. She actually sounded better during rehearsals than she did on the stage. I agree with Usher's comment in that Easy is a tough song to sing.
Blake chose Ryan

 Team Adam: Brittnee Camelle vs. Jake Barker sang Climax by Usher-- That was my fave battle of the night. I thought that they took a huge risk singing that song, it's really high, and they both pulled it off. Blake felt like Jake had the edge. Usher said it was one of his most risky songs, and he thought that they both gave great performances. Shakira said Jake embraced the challenge and she would give it to him. Adam said Brittnee had some unbelievable notes in there, and he said Jake sounds like he has been singing his whole life.
Adam chose Jake

Team Usher: Madilyn Paige vs. Bria Kelly sang I'll Stand by You by The Pretenders-- I liked both of them. Seems they can both use some work. Adam said he was left wanting more, and I agree with that. Blake echoed a similar thought. Usher believes they both need a learning experience moving forward.
Usher chose Bria and yes, Blake stole Madilyn


No comments: