Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Favorite Things: September 2011 Edition

It's been way too long since I have written about some of the things that have captured my heart, mind, and attention.

It was May 16th to be exact, you can check out my last batch of favorite things right here: http://missvsvoice.blogspot.com/2011/05/favorite-things.html

Here are several favorite things that I am not just enamored with, but raising my glass to--

Silver Soleil is a handcrafted artisan jewelry etsy boutique that I discovered when I was trying to find some new likes for my Facebook page for Miss V's Voice. I am so pleased that I have discovered them because their jewelry is the type that I was so used to seeing when I attended art fairs. Everything has that authentic handmade look; the piece that really took my breath away was the Tree of Life Necklace. The necklace is comprised of brown turquoise and picture jasper with a pendant made of silver and copper. My friend at StyleRush says that mixing metals is all the craze this fall season. Each necklace is made to order for an extra special touch.



August = too early for Samuel Adams Octoberfest
September = perfect for Samuel Adams Octoberfest

The weather starts to get cooler, and the days are shorter, and we all need something to be excited about, and Sam Adams Octoberfest is just fine as far as I'm concerned. First brewed by Boston Beer Company in 1989, Octoberfest is a blending of five roasts of malt, "to create a delicious harmony of sweet flavors including caramel and toffee. The malt is complimented by the elegant bitterness imparted by the Bavarian Noble hops," say the beer gods at BBC.



The cast, crew, production team, and writers on Days of Our Lives are on a mission to bring daytime television back to what it used to be. Gone from the show are the silly plots and story-lines that didn't draw the viewers in, gone from the show are characters that were underdeveloped and as a result not cared about by the longtime fans of the show. Back are characters and couples that were household names, John and Marlena, Carrie and Austin, and Doug and Julie. Back are the story-lines that are more realistic and back is the whole idea of love on daytime TV. The world is scary, the economy is down, unemployment is up, and times are tough, and people want to escape with the TV shows they watch. Loyal Days viewers love to see the couples they have been routing for be happy together, Sami and Rafe, Bo and Hope, Jennifer and Daniel, just to name a few. Monday September 26th is said to be the relaunch of Days of Our Lives and I for one wouldn't miss it for the world.




Another edition of my favorite things wouldn't be complete without my new favorite fashion piece courtesy of StyleRush Fashions. If you have not been to the website to check out all that is new for fall, be sure you do. The young owner of the company has a real eye for fashion. It was hard for me to settle on choosing one thing to showcase this time, but I pick the adorable yet sexy Leopard Studs. For only $14, you can't beat the price and they are the perfect way to accessorize and add pop to that new or old fall outfit that you love. Aren't the colors great?



Rihanna debuted her Cheers (Drink to That) music video on August 26th so it's only fitting that it be a part of the September edition of "My Favorite Things" because most people probably didn't know about it until September anyway (this is just an excuse because I love this video so much). What I love about the video is that it's an inside look to Rihanna's life on tour as well as personal videos of her living out loud. The video is her in her real life and it's a celebration which should be what life it all about. It has turned into one of those videos that I cannot help but hit the replay button and listen again and again when it's over. Please take a look below and let me know how many times you hit replay. ;-) Cheers!

No comments: