Sunday, June 26, 2011

I Love the Blues

When it comes to fashion trends, the late summer and early fall is all about the blues. Although, I'll be honest, many are already sporting blues now, and why not? With all the pretty shades of blue, how could you not find an element for your wardrobe that you love in a color that can be peaceful, vibrant, and regal.

Wowza! Hit the beach or the pool in the Maya Twist Bandeau Top and Double String Bottoms from Victoria's Secret. The bikini comes in many different colors including three different shades of blue: Pacific Blue, Blue Legend, and Scuba Blue.




I absolutely fell in love with this bright navy blue and black dress from LOFT. The dress has a sexy print but a sophisticated look. It's perfect for a night out and can be paired with heels, flats, or sandals. It is much more attractive in person than in a picture, and the great thing is that it's machine washable, an important feature. Wearing it with a belt will give it a more finished and dressed up look while also accentuating the waist and hips.



Last week I was at my salon getting a pedicure and I wanted to do something different than I usually do. I decided to be daring and go with this blue-purple shade of Essie nail polish from their Brazilian collection. I do not regret it, the color actually looks great and gives pop to almost every outfit that I wear. I highly recommend buying a bottle of Smooth Sailing.



I love this daring teal embellished shoulder cardigan from Style Rush. Be sure to check out the Facebook page where there is a better photo of the detail on the shoulders. This cardigan is very 80s, but I assure you, the 80s will be making a comeback in some capacity this fall. This piece is an absolute steal at $22!



Turquoise has long been a favorite of mine whether it be in clothing, shoes, or accessories; it has a very vintage feel to it and I love the authenticity it brings to any outfit. The real surprise has been that Lucky brand, long famous for its graphic tees also makes some great shoes. These Nama Stone Sandals are no exception. Lucky Brand shoes are available on the Lucky Brand website and at select Macy's stores and www.macys.com.