Tuesday, November 10, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance Season 6: Recap

The Lowlights and the Highlights--

Lowlights:

-Noelle in the hip hop number wasn't selling it enough for me, on the contrary, Russell was creative, fun, full of energy, and I felt like he never stopped at any time throughout the routine. He may have just saved his partner and given her another week to prove herself.

- Bianca and Victor in their Broadway number to "The Color Purple" did not "take me to church". I agree with Mary, their was not enough abandonment; it was good, not great, and the characters were not developed enough.

-Channing and Phillip in the Tony and Melanie Samba was painful to watch. Nothing flowed, and Phillip looked especially awkward, and I must agree with Adam in that I could see them struggling. It's too bad for Channing because she looked absolutely beautiful, and she was really putting herself out there too.

The judges sent Bianca and Phillip home.

Highlights:

- Ashleigh and Jakob danced a Tony and Melanie Viennese Waltz to "At Last" by Etta James. Nigel said that Jakob's lines were fantastic, and Ashleigh is proving a lot of people wrong in a good way. I agree, I was madly in love with this routine.

- Mollee and Nathan danced a Nakul Mahajan Bollywood routine, both dancers danced with so much maturity even though they are both young. The whole thing looked like a Hollywood movie and I loved the energy that was so present between the two of them because it contributed to their chemistry.

- Karen and Kevin danced a Tabitha and Napoleon hip hop routine to "Ice Cream Paint Job" by Dorrough. Adam told Karen that she tore that s*** up, he said Kevin was fantastic and then he fell out of his chair. I agree Karen looked amazing, and the way she moved was just crazy. Mary said she expected Kevin to good and that he was indeed articulate. Nigel told Karen that she was a pleasure to watch.

- Kathryn and Legacy danced a Stacey Tookey contemporary to "2 Steps Away" by Patti LaBelle. I just want to say, wow I am impressed, I did not know that Legacy had all that in him. Adam loved what the couple brought out in each other, and called the performance special. Mary said that Legacy experienced a lot of growth and Nigel called it beautiful.

- Ellenore and Ryan danced a Merriam and Leonardo Argentine Tango to "Violentago". Adam said Ellenore had great maturity and Ryan's partnering was great. Mary liked their connection, technique, and partnering. Nigel said people need to understand the difficulty of a routine like this one.

No comments: