Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Top 5 Reality/ Sports Shows I am Thankful For

I have decided to compile this list of reality shows that I am thankful for this year. This does of course exclude "American Idol" which for me is a separate category, but I do love these five ratings darlings for their respective networks.


1. "Sunday Night Football"- What could be better than football? Well just about nothing. The Patriots who are a perfect 10-0 have already entertained "Sunday Night Football" audiences twice and are about to do it again against the Eagles this Sunday. Whether or not they win is another story, but you can be sure that there will be drama like none other on TV with Pat's quarterback Tom Brady at the helm, and Randy Moss at running back. (Sunday 8 p.m. on NBC)

2. "The Biggest Loser"- I had never watched this show before this season; I mainly started watching because of the new host of the show "Days of Our Lives" star Allison Sweeney. I soon discovered that the show is not only fun to watch but heartfelt as well. I love seeing the contestants where they are today; it's great to see them so proud of themselves and their families so happy with their improvements. Every contestant that I have seen has decided after the show to not only continue his or her healthy lifestyle but to share that lifestyle with family and friends as well. "The Biggest Loser" is a bigger winner. (Tuesday 8 p.m. on NBC)

3. "America's Next Top Model"- This show has it all: girls being catty with each other and then making up (particularly after a contestant is kicked off, you know how they all hug each other when they were just arguing a day before.). And let's be honest the show is for men, women, and children alike. Men like to look at the models who sometimes have photo shows where they are scantily clad or wearing nothing at all. The women like to route for a favorite- I loved Jaslene last year. Also I must admit that I love watching the different photo shoots; I like when they shoot editorials and when they do two pictures, one for a woman's magazine (i.e. Galmour, Cosmopolitan) and one for a man's magazine (Maxim, GQ). Little girls like watching it and wanting to be a model (I must admit, I sometimes want to be one too). This season has been partcularly good, and we're at a point where anyone left could win it- there's Bianca, the diva with an attitude from Queens, NY; Chantal, the sweet blonde beauty who looks like a princess from Austin, TX; Heather, the intelligent but somewhat outcast of all the contestants from Valparaiso, IN; Jenah, the free spirited risk taker who always takes an amazing photo from Farmington, CT; and Saleisha the sassy flirt who looks like she could walk into any hip-hop video from Los Angeles, CA. I cannot wait to see who wins. (Wednesday 8 p.m. on the CW)

4. "Dancing with the Stars"- This show is much like its contestants- like a fine wine, better with time. "Dancing with the Stars" never fails to deliver; initially I thought I would be bored with this seasons contestants, but I quickly discovered that afer watching for two minutes I was hooked again. Mel B. and Maxsim have impeccable chemistry, Jennie Garth looked absolutely yummy for a woman who has three kids, and her partner newcomer Derek Hough (Julianne's older brother) is great. Marie Osmond looks fabulous, the weight she has lost moving her hips is impressive and her partner Jonathan Roberts compliments her beautifully. And who can forget Helio Castroneves (the race car driver from Brazil), he is so energetic and his smile just makes everyone smile as well, and Julianne Hough is becoming a household name. The 19 year old phenom is fast becoming one of the best choreographers in the dance world today. I wish I could talk about the rest of this cast, but I just don't have enough space. (Monday at 8 p.m. and Tuesday at 9 p.m. on ABC)

5. "The Amazing Race"- This show never disappoints, the locations, the contestants, and the challenges; need I say more? Okay, fine did I mention this show has won all five Primetime Emmy Awards for "Outstanding Reality Competition Program"? I think they should let reality darlings and husband and wife team Rob and Amber come back to the show again; the drama that would provide would be more than anything one can see on the soaps. (Sunday 8 p.m. on CBS)

No comments: