Thursday, March 12, 2020

The Voice Season 18: You Say These Are The Blinds

Episode 3:

Anaya Cheyenne sang I'll Never Love Again by Lady Gaga-- she sounded beyond her years for 16. Blake and Kelly turned and Naya chose Kelly

Mandi Thomas sang Time to Say Goodbye by Andrea Bocelli-- first time we have had an opera singer on The Voice. Only Kelly turned!

Jacob Miller sang The Times They Are A Changin' by Bob Dylan-- I was surprised that Kelly, Nick, and Blake turned. Jacob is a folk singer, and he has a decent voice, but is clearly a better musician than singer. Jacob surprisingly chose Nick.

No one is really impressing me from this group so far. 

Joe Mullins sang Don't Give Up On Me by Andy Grammer-- His voice was just okay, Blake took a chance and was the only turn. 

Jacob Daniel Murphy sang Til You Come Back to Me by Aretha Franklin-- Blake said I am just having the best day. I went in back and made myself a drink, and I came out here and I'm listening to great music. I heard you singing and I was like I'm not even going to try because he is so good. But it came to the end and no one turned. I feel like I won the lottery today. Jacob made it on Team Blake. 


Zan Fiskum sang Light On by Maggie Rogers-- All the coaches turned except Blake. I was not impressed with her voice. There was nothing special for me. She ended up choosing John. 

Roderick Chambers sang Back at 1 by Brian McKnight-- This guy was actually so good and deserved more than one person to turn, in this case Nick! What is great is that from a tone standpoint, Roderick sounds a lot like Nick. What I really love about Roderick is he has that old school R&B voice. It is so needed right now. 


Jules sang Ain't No Rest For The Wicked by Cage the Elephant-- She is unique and at only 15, she has lots of experience in her voice. This arrangement she did is so different. I loved this and feel like it should have been four chairs maybe. Blake and Kelly did turn. Jules chose Team Kelly, I really thought she was going to choose Blake. 

Michael Williams sang You Say by Lauren Daigle-- He is super pitchy-- Nick was the only one who turned. I am guessing Nick believes he can help Michael with his falsetto. 

Mike Jerel sang It's a Man's World by James Brown-- John and Nick turned immediately. Mike has a great voice, and takes this classic song and really makes it his own. Kelly turns and then Blake. The coaches really fight it out for Mike, but in the back of my mind, I knew he was choosing John, especially when his mom came out and picked John. 


Standouts for tonight-- Jacob Daniel Murphy, Roderick Chambers, Jules, and Mike Jerel 


No comments: