Tuesday, March 17, 2020

The Voice Season 18: The End of the Blinds Give Me Fever

Micah Iverson sang All I Want by Kodaline-- I love Micah's style. He has that indie singer vibe. Kelly turned first and then Blake and Nick. John missed out here. I believe Nick mentioned Switchfoot-- I could definitely see Micah singing Switchfoot. Kelly did a great job of relating to Micah, so did Nick. I actually think he and Nick would be a great match.
Micah chose Team Kelly

Brittney Allen sang Dancing on My Own by Robyn-- Super underrated song. Unfortunately, the interpretation was not so original. The only one who turned was John... interesting.

Camp Sprinks sang Wave on Wave-- Nothing too special here. Perhaps some coaching by Blake will take him to the next level. Their is a lot of doubt in his vocal, some pitch issues. Kelly and Blake turned and Camp chose Blake

Anders Drerup sang I Can't Help Falling in Love with You by Elvis Presley-- I wasn't excited about this either. I did not enjoy his interpretation of the song. It was a little bit weird for me. Nick was the only one who turned.

Mandi Castillo sang Asi Fue by Juan Gabriel-- She has a gorgeous voice, and was rightfully a four chair turn. Mandi said I love you to Kelly, and Kelly stood up and said I love you. Nick was emotional, he said some of my favorite music in the world is sung in other languages. That was so beautiful. Blake said Mandi, I love you, I love San Antonio. Not knowing what you were saying, I was able to concentrate on your voice. He said it's unbelievable, you have an incredible sound, and I would be honored to be your coach. Mandi said I love Mariah Carey and Sade. John said I am a huge fan of your singing, following name dropping. Kelly said come on girl, you would look so good in this vibe.
Mandi chose John



Kailey Abel sang Forever Young by Alphaville-- I am not too sure about her vocals. They are a little bit rough around the edges. I enjoy her rasp but didn't care for the song choice. Blake was the only turn.

Gigi Hess sang Lovesong by The Cure-- Same as Kailey... I am unsure on her vocals. The song choice wasn't a good one and she was a one chair turn and is on Team Kelly.

Kevin Farris sang Home by Johnnyswim-- Another blah performance. John and Nick turned. The contestant compared himself to early Jonas Brothers and went to Team Nick.

Cedrice sang Fever by Peggy Lee-- Cedrice is one of my faves tonight. In a night full of duds, she is a star. She is gorgeous, she is unique, and she has attitude and sass. She and Mandi were honestly the only standouts tonight. I loved her. Kelly called her sexy, and said she is so mad she couldn't press her button. She said you're like a goddess, you're so hot. Blake said I am so happy for you. John said no one else looks like you, no one else sounds like you. You approached this performance with seductiveness. Cedrice is on Team Legend

Faves of the night--- Mandi Castillo, Cedrice, and honorable mention to Micah Iverson



No comments: