Sunday, March 8, 2020

The Voice Season 18: Lately I'm Digging the Blinds

Episode 3

There weren't a lot of highlights but I sure did love Thunderstorm's vocals, his attitude not so much. I loved Samuel and Jamal, they could grow a lot in this competition. Allegra and Samantha come with some cool singer/ songwriter vibes, and if they study hard, they have a chance in the competition.

Allegra Miles sang Use Somebody by Kings of Leon-- Allegra has a mature voice. she is only 16 and has great tone and control. Kelly turns towards the beginning and Nick towards the end. John regrets not turning. Kelly compares Allegra to Brynn Cartelli who she coached to a win in Season 14. Allegra says she is a big fan of Kelly's. Nick says he comes from a musical family and wrote his first song at 12 just like Allegra. At the end though, Allegra chooses Nick.

Cammwess sang Earned It by The Weeknd-- Camm had John and Blake turning for him. I liked Camm's runs, there are just so many interesting parts of his voice. His transitions are effortless. Blake basically conceded and said he knew Camm was going to pick John but he turned in respect for his talent. Camm did choose John

Joei Fulco made it to Team Blake
Sara Collins chose Team Kelly

Samantha Howell sang Take it on the Run by REO Speedwagon-- There's lots of great potential here. I don't think I would have wasted a block (ahem, Kelly). However, I think Samantha is somewhat old fashioned in her approach. I think the right coach could give her some edge. It's a good thing Kelly Clarkson landed her. Kelly turned, blocked Blake, Nick turned, and Samantha chose Kelly.

Jamal Corrie sang Be Alright by Dean Lewis-- I actually felt like Jamal was much better than the coaches thought. Blake was the only one who turned for him and I think some of them are going to regret that. The issues he had were minor and with good coaching are easily fixable.

Samuel Wilco sang Lately by Stevie Wonder-- Impressive out of the gate. I agree with Kelly, and Nick-- this is such a great song, it is definitely a storyteller song. The message means something. Kelly and Nick turn. Samuel says his wife got him into the Voice, and he loves Kelly and everything she does with her artists but his kids love Nick. As a result, Samuel chooses Nick.




Thunderstorm Artis sang Blackbird by The Beatles-- 4 chair turn and standing ovation-- well deserved. I like this kid, he comes off as a little bit arrogant. I feel like he could stand to be a little more humble. Other people have been on the show with as great of a blind audition as his. Kelly said we're aware of what's standing on stage right now, and it's someone who could win this competition. Blake said I want to talk about your control, your performance was that in control and that in the pocket that it sounded recorded. John said I am notoriously stingy for turning around, but when I do, I turn quickly. No surprise, Thunderstorm chose Team Legend.

No comments: