Monday, May 9, 2016

The Voice Season 10 is down to the Top 9

Team Blake: Paxton Ingram sang I Wanna Dance with Somebody by Whitney Houston-- Christina loved how he put his heart and soul into his performance. Pharrell said the song worked well for him, and he loved the key change. Adam thought it was beautiful and felt Paxton was great. Blake said  you're the one buy that moves forward every week. I loved it, I felt like it was Paxton's best and strongest performance to date. I loved the energy of the song, somehow the song had such a positive connotation with the beat and key changes.

Team Blake: Mary Sarah sang My Church by Maren Morris-- I love this Mary Sarah performance, the song was so perfect for her. Blake was right, the style is a cross between old and new. The whole audience seemed to be really into the performance. This young lady is a star and Blake is on his feet! Pharrell said it was good you lost the guitar cause you were able to emote so much more. It was your best connection to a song and you had so much soul. Adam said it was your best performance, you found your lane, it felt like you did your song on the show. Blake said I told everyone before the show that you were gonna have a moment tonight, and everyone who works in country music knows what happened on that stage tonight.

Team Christina: Nick Hagelin sang Hold On We're Going Home by Drake-- Pharrell liked it in his full chest voice, you have the instinct of when to step it up. Adam liked when he was dancing, it shows us more what you can do, I mean like, Blake can't do that. Christina loved it. I liked that Nick kept the hook of the song, but slightly changed things around it. It really drew me because he kept what I love about the song and then put this cool spin on it. The dancing was a cool added bonus.

Team Pharrell: Hannah Huston sang Say You Love Me by Jessie Ware-- Blake said it was his favorite Hannah performance this season, and she looked like a superstar. Christina said that was my favorite thing from you up on that stage, I wanted you to own it, and you weren't afraid of it this time. The song was a perfect balance for you, soulful but tender. Pharrell said that was amazing. Every line was beautiful because it came with intention. The dynamics made you a great story teller. The song wasn't my favorite but I loved the way Hannah performed, the deliberate way she placed every note and inflection was flawless.

Team Adam: Shalyah Fearing sang A Change is Gonna Come by Sam Cooke-- Absolutely moving, so impactful, I felt like she meant every word and she was singing to all of us. She is poised and mature beyond her years. Adam was on his feet. Blake said, unbelievable, you're singing so good kiddo. Christina loved the song choice, the passion and strength you convey, you're so authoritative. Adam said this girl is so hard on herself. Shalyah is 16, that is so impressive, nobody means it more than her, she is so passionate.

Team Adam: Laith Al Saadi sang We've Got Tonight by Bob Seeger-- I love how Laith is really displaying his versatility. He is probably the most genuine artist on the show. Pharrell said, America needs to vote you through because you're that guy in high school everyone knew who loved classic rock and blues. Adam said, when you started performing, everyone stopped and that is the ultimate sign of respect. You represent a dying thing that we need around.

Team Blake: Adam Wakefield sang Love Has No Pride by Linda Ronstadt-- All the coaches minus Christina were on their feet. I liked this performance, I definitely didn't like it as much as some of his other performances, but I felt like it tapped into a place we've never heard from him. Christina said that was fiery and so soulful. Blake said that what he just did was his best performance so far, and that he would see him in the finale.

Team Christina: Alisan Porter sang Cryin' by Aerosmith-- Loved this song for her. I think that the song got away from her at the end, it was too big of an ending, but I did like the beginning and middle. Pharrell said congrats again, he felt like she sounded like Heart. Christina said you are a superstar now, I love you.

Team Christina: Bryan Bautista sang 1 + 1 by Beyonce-- Performance of the night, this left my absolutely breathless. It was real expressive, and his interpretation of the song was so on point. He moved up several notches tonight. Wow! Adam said, as a male vocalist, you have the ability to sound effortless even in those high notes. That was really beautiful. Christina said that was amazing, Beyonce, if you're watching, you gotta do a duet with Bryan. That was mind blowing.

So tough to pick the bottom three, but I am going with Paxton, Alisan, and either Shalyah or Hannah

No comments: