Monday, May 16, 2016

The Top 8 Sing for a Spot in The Top 4 on The Voice Season 10

Pink! is mentoring the contestants this week.

Team Adam: Shalyah Fearing sang And I Am Telling You from Dreamgirls-- Wow, she was on point tonight. I liked how she personalized the performance and didn't try to copy Jennifer Hudson or anyone else. All the coaches were on their feet and rightfully so, she was so strong and she just killed it. Christina said she was singing for her life, she was fearless. Christina talked about how difficult that song is to sing, and she brought it. Pharrell said she delivered throughout the song. Adam said he is always impressed by her and overjoyed. Adam said despite her age, she definitely deserves to be in the finale.

Adam and Alisan duet

Team Blake: Paxton Ingram sang I Would Do Anything for Love by Meatloaf-- I actually really liked it, and like Christina, I would not have expected Meatloaf from him, but it sounded really good. Christina said he pulled off the performance. Pharrell said he would also be great on Broadway. Blake said I don't know anyone who works harder than Paxton. I've been doing this for 10 years and I couldn't be prouder.

Team Adam: Laith Al-Saadi sang One and Only by Adele-- Another unexpected song choice, and Laith pulled this off too. His vocal was beautiful, and it seemed like he connected to the song. Blake said that was amazing, beautiful singing, the guitar solo worked. Pharrell said another great installment. Adam said I would be most proud if you were to make it through. You represent something so near and dear to my heart, and you always stay true to you. It would be an honor to have you get to the end.

Mary and Bryan duet

Team Christina: Alisan Porter sang Desperado by The Eagles-- I liked Alisan's performance very much, it was heartfelt and genuine. I would have liked to hear a little bit more range, bot overall, another solid performance. I do question whether or not this will propel her to the top four. Adam said, you can do everything. Blake said you reminded me why that is one of my favorite songs. Christina told her she delivered that song beautifully and effortlessly.

Hannah and Laith duet

Team Blake: Adam Wakefield sang I'm Sorry by Blake Shelton-- Adam is someone who has continued to be impressive throughout this entire competition. I don't think he has had one misstep. He is someone who, without a doubt, deserves to be in this finale. I think I am punching a ticket for him. I would be extremely surprised if he did not make it. Blake said you have had so many break out moments on this show.

Team Christina: Bryan Bautista sang Hurt by Christina Aguilera-- Three out of the four coaches on their feet for Bryan. That was a touching performance, and Christina touched on it, but it literally takes so much to get through that song emotionally. I really applaud his fearlessness. Adam said you always have impressed me, it takes a lot of courage to talk about what you're going through and then to sing about it. Christina said every time you perform you show us a different element of yourself. You made it your own and I wanna hear it again, I am buying it on iTunes.

Shalyah and Paxton

Team Blake: Mary Sarah sang I Told You So by Randy Travis and Carrie Underwood-- What I love about Mary Sarah is that week after week, she stays true to who she is. Her voice is special, there's nothing ordinary about what she does. Christina said you have grown a lot on this show, and you own who you are, that was beautiful. Blake said what Mary Sarah did is solid pure country music. That was your best performance.

Team Pharrell: Hannah Huston sang When a Man Loves a Woman by Percy Sledge-- Adam said Hannah has been so consistent that at times they take her for granted. Blake said somehow he agreed with Adam, you have not had a performance like that this entire season, that may be your ticket to the finale. Pharrell said, Adam is right, it's been a slow build. The thing is, now you feel like you deserve to be here. Like everyone else, I agree with Adam too. Hannah has been this constant gift this season, and yet somehow, I feel like I haven't appreciated her enough. She has slid under the radar, and she too is someone who may have a place in the finale.

I cannot believe I am doing this because this is way too hard, but this is my top 4 in no order:

Shalyah Fearing
Mary Sarah
Laith Al-Saadi
4th spot is either for Adam Wakefield or Bryan Bautista

No comments: