Monday, September 23, 2013

Emmy's 2013: Fashion Watch

There were several good things about the Emmy's Broadcast last night, it was up in ratings, the highest since 2005. I liked the majority of the people who won last night, including the nominees for best choreography in the broadcast was a nice touch, and there tributes to some of those who passed away in the past year were absolutely touching.

What lacked was the number of stars who were well dressed. I didn't see as many as I usually do to tell you the truth. Each choice I made this year in terms of my five best dressed were easy choices. I've listed them in alphabetical order to keep it fair.

Carrie Underwood looked regal in a princess like purple Romona Keveza gown. She always picks the most flattering outfits for herself.



Julia Louis Dreyfus looked surprisingly well put together in a sequined strapless Monique Lhuillier gown that sparkled like Julia's eye when she accepted her Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy. 




Kate Mara was angelic and modern in white J. Mendel gown; she wasn't the only woman wearing that designer but she was one of the most beautiful. 



Mindy Kaling isn't just funny, she also has a definite sense of style. Her plum Georges Chakra dress flattered her figure perfectly. 



Anyone who has read my blog knows I am not the biggest Sofia Vergara fan, but I can admit when she looks good and last night happened to be one of those nights. Her Vera Wang gown was sexy and suited her personality, red hot! 





No comments: