Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Reality Recaps: The Finale of The Voice and The Last Night of Competition on The X Factor

I loved how both The Voice and The X Factor chose to open their final performances shows with tributes to the Sandy Hook School Victims and their families. Both performances were extremely touching and seriously brought tears to my eyes. On The Voice the mentors and the top 20 sang Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah.

On The X Factor, Simon Cowell gave a brief message before the top 12 performed You Are Not Alone by Michael Jackson.

Let's discuss The Voice.......

I do not agree with Cassadee Pope winning; I like her and nothing against her but her voice was not as strong and consistent throughout this season as Nicholas and Terry's voices were. Nick, to me, grew leaps and bounds from the beginning. I am a fan now; he's Marvin Gaye and Barry White, his voice is soul music. He's committed to every performance, and his passion is so evident. Terry is someone that, the moment I heard him sing Baba O' Riley by The Who on The Blind Auditions, I knew we had found our winner. He's my winner, and not just because of his voice, but because of his spirit. Terry knows he's good, but he is humble, and let's face it, authentic rock voices don't come around all the time. Terry is a diamond in the rough, I didn't vote for the wrong person in him. The public chose the wrong member of Team Blake.

Back to The X Factor:

A song they sang before:

Carly Rose Sonenclar sang Feeling Good by Nina Simone (Michael Buble)-- She sang this on her first audition. Simon felt she sang it better the second time around. Britney seemed pretty confident that Carly has this competition in the bag. I liked this performance, but it was a bit too stylized for me.

Tate Stevens sang Everything Goes by  Randy Houser-- Demi felt that he turned it into a stadium performance, and that's what made it different this time than last time. Simon agreed with Demi and talked about how authentic Tate is and how he's maintained his integrity throughout. He congratulated L.A., and said this was an unlikely pairing, but you've done a really good job with him. I couldn't agree more; Tate deserves this, he deserves to be a star.

Fifth Harmony sang Anything Could Happen by Ellie Goulding-- L.A. said you were the underdogs and you are the ones to beat. Brit thought it was the right song choice. Demi feels they've worked hard and deserve to have people call for them. Simon likes the fact that they are the underdogs; I like it too. You know what I like even more? I like when the underdog wins.

Duets:

Carly Rose Sonenclar sang How Do I Live with Leann Rimes-- Out of the three duets, this was the weakest unfortunately.

Tate Stevens sang Pontoon with Little Big Town-- Tate looked and sounded like a natural.

Fifth Harmony sang Give Your Heart a Break with Demi Lovato-- Simon called it pop perfection.

New Song:

Carly Rose Sonenclar sang Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley-- L.A. questioned whether or not this was a $5 million performance. Simon said she looked great and sounded beautiful. Britney said that song alone was worth $5 million, get out your check book Simon. Sorry Brit, but for me, I was bored at the beginning and middle, it did liven up at the end, and I will give her that.

Tate Stevens sang Tomorrow by Chris Young-- Demi said she is sad that this is the last time she is going to hear him and that he's so talented. Simon said Tate has represented this category so well and that he has a feeling that a year from now, we'll be hearing about Tate's record sales. L.A. said he's always proud of him. I thought this was a great performance, he's definitely in this to the end.

Fifth Harmony sang Let it Be by The Beatles-- L.A. called it a beautiful performance, and said they did the song justice. Brit felt they've come a long way. Demi is proud of how they've evolved and grown. Simon said they deserve to be here, and I completely agree. That final performance blew me away.

Who is your pick to win The X Factor?  Mine is Tate or Fifth Harmony

Do you agree with Cassadee Pope winning The Voice? Will you miss Christina and Cee Lo? Or not given it any thought yet?

No comments: