Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Voice Season 3: Final 3 Battles--- Mindblowing!

No fluff, no battles flashed across the screen for our viewing pleasure or lack thereof. The final episode of battle rounds was straight up fights to the finish.

First up, from Team Christina was two potential pop stars, Adrianna Louise and Jordan Pruitt. They had the tough task of taking on Hot n' Cold by Katy Perry which is extremely stylized. Adam and Blake said that they could with Jordan, particularly because of her unique voice--- the breaks in it and her timing. However Cee Lo and Christina believed that Adrianna was a force to be reckoned with and she moved on. This was a well matched battle and I think it was a matter of preference. I preferred Jordan; too bad some of the judges already used their steals.
Battle goes to: Adrianna Louise

Next up, two very different but young singers from Team Blake, Kelly Crapa and Michaela Paige, 15 and 16 respectively. They sang rock song, I Hate Myself For Loving You by Joan Jett-- Kelly is a country singer whereas Michaela is a full out rock singer. I think Kelly was a little too timid in this performance even though she had a lovely voice. Blake chose Michaela because she had a little more edge.
Battle goes to: Michaela Paige

Finally, the teen prodigy Avery Wilson and back up singer Chevonne from Team Cee Lo sang Titanium by David Guetta and Sia-- Adam and Blake both felt that Avery took this battle hands down, but Blake did feel that Chevonne did come out ready for battle. Christina said that Chevonne's stage presence was amazing and that Avery could learn something from her. Cee Lo said both artists impressed him, but he decided to continue the journey with Avery. Christina could not help but to use her last steal on Chevonne. I couldn't agree more with the outcome, both artists did deserve to move forward.
Battle goes to: Avery Wilson

Christina steals Chevonne

1 comment:

SNAPPS said...

I will agree that this season on The Voice has had some of the best auditions. I’m happy with the new battle rounds and I’m curious to find out what happens with the knockout rounds. The battle rounds have become my favorite part of the show. I’ve enjoyed watching The Voice and other amazing shows on primetime, which’s what I record nightly. I work in the evenings so using the PrimeTime Anytime feature in my Hopper DVR to catch my episodes works perfect. It will automatically record them on one TV for me to watch within the next eight days. I used to tie up all the TV’s before my coworker at DISH suggested the upgrade. Now the wife and kids can watch their shows while all of mine record.