Monday, May 16, 2011

Favorite Things

I haven't written about some of my favorite things in a while, and I decided that since I had a running list of new "favorite things" in my mind it was time to empty the mental list and begin building a new one.

Friday Night Lights (television series)-- I could not resist any longer, I had to run out this past weekend and buy The Fifth and Final season of Friday Night Lights. My addiction has grown and now that the show is over I have no idea what I will do this fall when there are no spoilers online. I long to hear about all my favorite people from Dillon, Texas. Coach Taylor gets me every week, one of my favorite lines from television remains, "Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose". In fact, I highly recommend buying all five seasons on DVD and reliving the series forever. Everything about Friday Night Lights was special, the characters, the script, the feel of Texas which bled through the screen to my soul. I felt every hit on the football field, every broken heart, and every tear shed by a character on Friday Night Light's was shed by me and then some. If that doesn't get you, I don't know what will. Oh, I know, maybe this clip will--- http://www.hulu.com/watch/149489/friday-night-lights-join-the-fight
or maybe this one--- http://www.nbc.com/friday-night-lights/video/out-of-my-house/1225837/ and don't forget this--- http://www.nbc.com/friday-night-lights/video/making-amends/1231378?auto=true

Cover Girl NatureLuxe Foundation-- I have been searching for many years now for a light liquid foundation and I found my foundation dream when I tried Cover Girl NatureLuxe Foundation. At a reasonable price of under $10, this foundation is awesome because it is light and you don't have to use a lot to accomplish a finished look. It's available at all major drug stores, and with Taylor Swift as the spokesperson and face of NatureLuxe, why wouldn't you want to give it a try?
http://www.covergirl.com/beauty-products/face-makeup/foundation-makeup/natureluxe-foundation I use alabaster!

Style Rush Black Heart Earrings-- Style Rush, according to a good friend of mine who is the founder and CEO says, it is, "Your one stop shop for fabulous fashion finds at unbeatable prices". And wow is she ever right! I especially am enjoying the black heart earrings this season, and at only $10 don't just buy yourself a pair but buy one for your best friend as well. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150158351640741&set=a.10150103870310741.279427.249340055740&type=1&theater Order right on the Style Rush Facebook page and she will send you all the info. http://www.facebook.com/pages/StyleRush/249340055740 This two year old company is heaven sent and my go-to for accessories and cute tops that I cannot find anywhere else unless I am willing to drop a small fortune. I recommend: everything!

One Life to Live (soap series)-- I know, I know. It's canceled and everyone is saying nothing can save it, but I will continue to have hope right up until the very last day (presumably sometime in January of 2012) because One Life to Live promotes a message of hope and what better way to honor it than to feel the same way. The message throughout is that we have "one life to live" and that love is indeed the answer. This probably means nothing to those who have never watched the show, but I urge you to turn on your TV if you are ever home in the middle of the day with nothing to do. I guarantee you, the show will draw you in with it's eccentric cast of characters. I have been watching it since I was a child, and I can honestly say January 2012 will be a sad one if the lights go out for good in the fictional town of Llanview, Pennsylvania. http://abc.go.com/shows/one-life-to-live

The Incredible (only at Victoria's Secret)-- The most comfortable bra, bar none, that I have ever worn in my life. Yes, it is pricey. Yes, do wait for a coupon. Yes, do sign up to receive mailings if you haven't already. It's incredible, it will make you feel incredible, and I cannot tell you enough, run out, try one on at VS and be amazed! http://www.victoriassecret.com/bras/incredible-by-victorias-secret

Ralph Lauren Lawton Sheets-- I was an old Fieldcrest Charisma fan. I refuse to part with those sheets, no matter how old they get. I have tried so many different sheets over the years and unfortunately I have been disappointed almost every time. A good friend recommended Ralph Lauren's Lawton Sheets to me and I could not be happier. They wrinkle much less than other sheets on the market today, they are cool and light and crisp, and the price is right if you want a better than good quality sheet. http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2781014

No comments: