Wednesday, May 18, 2011

American Idol Season 10: The Top 3 Who Will Make it to the Finals?

Following the stunning departure of James Durbin last week I didn't have the energy to blog. Somehow as James said, I had a feeling it was him even though I didn't want it to be. Scotty has led arguably from start to finish. Lauren Alaina is everyone's little sister. Haley, well, she peaked at the right time.

So here we are, down to three:

Contestant's Choice Round 1:

01 Scotty sang Amazed by Lonestar-- Beyonce loved Scotty calling him an innocent, sweet, cutie pie.
Notable Judge's Comment: Steven said you keep getting better and better Scotty, you really took that song up a notch.

Scotty really impressed me with his vocal range in that song.
My score: 10

02 Lauren sang Wild One by Faith Hill-- Beyonce called Lauren incredible.
Notable Judge's Comment: Jennifer said you attacked it, it was very good.

I didn't love that the song was not particularly recognizable; however I loved Lauren's energy and emotion in the song. At this stage of the game, song choice plays a part.
My score: 9

03 Haley sang What Is and What Should Never Be by Led Zepplin-- Beyonce called Haley fearless and full of conviction.
Notable Judge's Comment: n.b. Haley fell on stage during this performance in front of the judge's table. Steven said, did you fall for me? It's not about how many times you fall, it's about how you get up. That was superb.

I must confess I loved Haley's fight in this song, and singing Led Zepplin is no easy feat. Would I say she was better than Scotty this round? No. I think she was different.
My Score: 10

This round goes to: (tie) Scotty and Haley

Jimmy's Choice Round 2:

01 Scotty sang Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not by Thompson Square--
Notable Judge's Comment: Randy said Jimmy picked a good song for you. It was a good chorus, right in your range, and you were approaching Garth Brooks territory.

I feel like Scotty improves and grows with each performance and Steven mentioned his delivery of the chorus in this song. It was amazing. I loved how he sang the chorus, he was feeling this song and perfectly in the zone.
My Score: 10

02 Lauren sang If I Die Young by The Band Perry--
Notable Judge's Comment: All the judges basically talked about the same things, Lauren's beautiful tone and the honesty that she gave with her performance.

Lauren's emotions were so close to the surface in this performance. I think she related to the song and connected to it in a way that was so special.
My Score: 9.75

03 Haley sang Rhianon by Fleetwood Mac
Notable Judge's Comment: Jennifer said I liked it but I thought you would take it a bit further than you did.

I like Haley and I liked this performance but a part of me resents that she waited this long to peak when Scotty has being gradually growing all season.
My Score: 9

This round goes to: Scotty

Judge's Choice Round 3:

01 Scotty sang She Believes in Me by Kenny Rogers--
Notable Judge's Comment: Jennifer said you really know how to hit a big chorus, good job baby, we're so proud of you.

I don't think this was the best song for Scotty, not sure what the judges were thinking here, but he is a definite pro and he made it work.
My Score: 9.9

02 Lauren sang I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack--
Notable Judge's Comment: Jennifer said you gave me goosies and that's how I know it's real.

Lauren's voice was amazing in this performance; I wish she always sang like this.
My Score: 10

03 Haley sang You Oughta Know by Alanis Morrisette--
Notable Judge's Comment: Randy said Haley you are in it to win it.

I must admit I did love this performance and I thought it was the most real of Haley's performances tonight, although not better than her first performance tonight.
My Score: 9.9

This round goes to: Lauren

No comments: