Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Top 6 Make Memories on Andrew Lloyd Webber Night on Idol

01 Syesha Mercado sang "One Rock N' Roll Too Many"--- Syesha packed this performance with personality. She is at home, so to speak, with Broadway music; it's her comfort zone. I think Syesha has the potential to have a career in this genre of music. As Paula said, she may have brought the house down with the very first performance of the night.
Score: 5

02 Jason Castro sang "Memories"--- Jason was really brave to choose this song. I am not entirely convinced that it was the right decision though. It is also tough to judge him based it on it because it is not Jason's style of music. I will say that he made a valiant effort, and it did not sound bad; it's just not what we as an audience are used to hearing from him.
Score: 4

03 Brooke White sang "You Must Love Me"--- The performance Brooke gave was sincere and heartfelt, that being said, her voice wasn't totally in it because she was busy mentally trying to remember the song. She looked absolutely beautiful, and she was believeable, and I think that's what Andrew Lloyd Webber wanted from these contestants. I don't think her vocals were strong though, and I think when she watches it back, she will hate that she forgot her lyrics.
Score: 3.9

04 David Archuleta sang "Think of Me"--- To be completely honest, I did not care for the song. He did, to his credit, take a Broadway song and turn it into a pop song. However, I do have to agree with Simon; it was one of his weakest performances overall, and it will not be a memorable perfomance.
Score: 4

05 Carly Smithson sang "Jesus Christ Superstar"--- Carly looked like she had a lot of fun singing this, and surprisingly, the song was well suited to her vocal range. It was not her best performance, but Carly was strong throughout, and I would be surprised if she does not make it into the Top 5.
Score: 4.5

06 David Cook sang "Music of the Night"--- David's performance showed both talent and power. Randy called the perfomance HOT! and Paula said it showed how well rounded David is as a perfomer. He continues to be the most consistent contestant still in the competition now.
Score: 4.9 borderline 5

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.