Monday, November 8, 2021

Season 30: Dancing with the Stars-- All For You on Janet Jackson Night

Jimmie Allen and Emma danced a Cha Cha to Escapade-- Len thought it was nice, but unsure if nice is good enough. Derek said this was a good performance but not your best. The side by sides were fun. Bruno said it was fun and playful, your fluidity has improved. No heel leads in the cha cha. Carrie Ann said shoulders down. I thought this was fun. I am not sure what the judges were seeing that they didn't like. 
Score: 32 out of 40

Suni Lee and Sasha danced a Samba to All for You-- Derek said it was a tough one but she handled it. Bruno said she was recharged. Carrie Ann said this is finally you. It looked like she struggled a little bit but she seemed to be having so much fun and she definitely had the confidence. 
Score: 40 out of 40

Melora Hardin and Artem danced a Paso Doble to If-- Bruno liked it, he thought the character was there. Carrie Ann said this was amazing-- powerful and passionate. Len said, what came over you. I loved the aggressiveness and the attack, great performance. Derek said you came out and slayed that Paso. I liked this, but I felt like stylistically it wasn't believable on her. It was just okay for me. 
Score: 40 out of 40

Olivia Jade and Val danced an Argentine Tango to Any Time Any Place-- Carrie Ann said it was beautiful. I wanted more heat. Len loved the chemistry. Len didn't like the table. Derek said you have this joy, that was a beautiful dance. Bruno said it was seductive and romantic. I loved this because I am a HUGE fan of both Olivia and Val. I found it sultry. The only thing I would have liked to see a little more of was closeness between the two of them. There was one spot at the beginning where they had it but I needed more, and I wanted more kicks. 
Score: 36 out of 40

Cody Rigsby and Cheryl danced a Paso Doble to Black Cat-- Len said, I have to be honest, I didn't see you Cheryl. Derek echoe that Cody stepped up. Bruno said that was like mortal combat. It was a power Paso. Carrie Ann said he was bringing it. I do think Cody progressed a lot in a short amount of time, but it wasn't my fave dance. I felt like there a slip at the end.  
Score: 38 out of 40

Amanda Kloots and Alan danced a Jazz routine to Miss You Much-- Derek said Amanda was a leading lady from start to finish. Bruno said you had Janet Jackson reference's but it was your own. He said she was in charge the whole way through. Carrie Ann went over and hugged her. Len said, Amanda, amazing!I loved that! That had attitude and I felt like Amanda was so sharp.
Score: 40 out of 40

Iman Shumpert and Daniella danced a Cha Cha to Rhythm Nation--Bruno said that was so iconic and such a great tribute, astonishing. Carrie Ann said you delivered the choreography. Len said I was impressed with the precision. There wasn't enough Cha Cha. Derek said you delivered a memorable performance. That was so powerful and I loved that performance! Iman responds well under pressure. 
Score: 35 out of 40

JoJo Siwa and Jenna danced a to Feedback-- Carrie Ann compared it to Cirque de Soliel. Len said that they were a dream team, but he felt there were some things that did not feel like Salsa. Derek said you are such a great leader JoJo; I'm speechless. Bruno said drop dead sexy. I liked the lifts but like Len, I wanted more salsa. I appreciate the strength that the lifts and the dance took. 
Score: 39 out of 40

Dance Offs! 

Jimmie & Emma vs. Suni & Sasha dancing a Salsa to Made for Now judged by Bruno-- Bruno said this was so hard. You both did great performances. You have to combine fluidity and precision. I would have picked Jimmie.
Bruno picked Suni

JoJo & Jenna vs. Olivia & Val dancing a Rumba to That's the Way Love Goes judged by Carrie Ann- Carrie Ann said you're both incredible. I would have picked Olivia. 
Carrie Ann picked JoJo

Melora & Artem vs. Iman & Daniella dancing a Foxtrot to Again judged by Derek-- Wow! Gorgeous!! I loved Iman and Dani!!! 
Derek picked Melora

Okay I am 0 for 3. 

Cody & Cheryl vs. Amanda & Alan dancing a Cha Cha to Together Again judged by Len-- Len thought it all hinged on a step called the New York. Len said it was a tough call but he went with Amanda. This was well matched. Either of them could have taken it. 
Len picked Amanda

Bottom three-- Melora and Artem, Olivia and Val, and Jimmie and Emma 

Olivia and Val had the lowest score and were eliminated. Melora and Artem are saved by the judges, and Jimmie and Emma are eliminated as well.  

At this point in the competition, I am really pulling for Iman and Amanda. I like Suni too. 



No comments: