Thursday, October 21, 2021

Dancing with the Stars Season 30: Hopelessly Devoted to Grease Night

Olivia Jade and Val danced a Foxtrot to Summer Nights-- Len says if Sandy and Danny danced a Foxtot it would look like this. Carrie Ann said that their body contact was beautiful. I did like this dance, but I thought the choreography wasn't the best and Olivia seemed to be ahead of the routine at times.  
Score: 36 out of 40

Melora Hardin and Artem danced a Vienesse Waltz to Look at Me I'm Sandra Dee-- Derek said it was a little congested at the top. Bruno said he liked the bump and grind she added to the Waltz. Carrie Ann said you want to make people dance with you. Len said I feel better for seeing that; he loved how she got into character. I loved this, you really felt the attitude of her playing Rizzo coming through. 
Score: 36 out of 40

Iman Shumpert and Daniella danced a Vienesse Waltz to Hopelessly Devoted to You-- Carrie Ann said this danced was not suited to you. I love the chemistry and the connection you created. Len liked the gentleness. He said you try so hard, I find it hard to criticize you. Derek said I love watching you, you ooze joy. I love Iman's effort and the way he has just an ease about him. 
Score: 28 out of 40

The Miz and Witney danced a Jive to Grease Lightning-- Carrie Ann said everyone wants to do that performance. Len thought some of the steps were problematic. Derek said I look forward to your peformances cause I know you're gonna crush it. Bruno said the timing was bad at the end. That was ridiculously good! I loved that and I felt like he hit every honest to God step. 
Score: 32 out of 40

Amanda Kloots and Alan danced a Vienesse Waltz to Beauty School Dropout-- Len loved it and loved that Frankie Avalon was singing there live. Derek said there's this moment that I was missing to give you that ten. Bruno said you stepped out of a dream. Carrie Ann said Grease is the word for you. This was absolutely beautiful and Amanda deserved that score. 
Score: 39 out of 40

Suni Lee and Sasha danced a Charleston to Born to Hand Jive-- Derek loved the iconic moment that they depicted in the dance. Bruno said she nailed it. Carrie Ann thought it was fantastic. Carrie Ann wants her to be more aggressive. Len said he smiled the whole way through. This was so fun. I echo Len's sentiment. I was smiling the whole time. I loved this and I loved seeing this side of Suni. 
Score: 36 out of 40 

Jimmie Allen and Emma danced a Foxtrot to Sandy-- Bruno said you were good in hold, great storytelling. Carrie Ann said I would love to see a balance of you in hold and out of hold. Len said there's a flair about your dancing. Derek said I loved the complete package. This was so fun. I truly loved the flavor of the dance. 
Score: 34 out of 40

Kendra Moore and Brandon danced a Rumba to Are There Worse Things I Could Do-- Carrie Ann said you have incredible dignity. It was delicious and sensuous. Len said that Rumba had chemistry, romance, and control. Derek said you can either sink or swim, you swam. Bruno said you were so focused. That was everything! I am so happy for Kenya. 
Score: 36 out of 40

JoJo Siwa and Jenna danced a Foxtrot to Look at Me I'm Sandra Dee-- Len said you affected my heart with the artistry you produced. It was superb. Derek said there was power and grace, it was absolutely pristine. Bruno said it spoke to the power of friendship. Carrie Ann said it was perfection. I haven't been the biggest fan of JoJo this season but I loved this. JoJo and Jenna did speak the the power of friendship like Bruno said. 
Score: 40 out of 40

Melanie C and Gleb danced a Quickstep to You're the One that I Want-- Bruno said you got Gleb on his knees begging for it. Apart from a slight slip, great! Carrie Ann said you started a little nervous, and then you got better. Len said it was her best dance. Really agreed with Carrie Ann's comment-- she seemed nervou at first but when she got over it, it was great. I also, like Len, thought it was her best dance. I saw her confidence grow, and Gleb was being a good partner. 
Score: 36 out of 40 

Cody Rigsby and Cheryl danced a Quickstep to We Go Together-- Bruno said great performance, work on your hold and footwork. Carrie Ann said close the gap in your hold. Len said you needed a stronger frame but I loved the energy you produced. Derek said your frame improved from last week. What a great way to end the night. That had so much energy and synchronicity. 
Score: 32 out of 40

Wow! Melanie C & Gleb and Olivia & Val are the bottom two!! This is crazy. Len broke the tie and Olivia and Val are safe! 

Look for Cody and Iman and possibly Olivia and Melora to be in some trouble next week. 

No comments: