Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Dancing with the Stars 30: Disney Heroes and Villains

 JoJo Siwa and Jenna danced a Vienesse Waltz to Cinderella-- Len said he enjoyed watching them. Derek said you were so clean and so elegant. Carrie Ann said you toned it down tonight and you proved that girls can do anything guys can do, maybe even better. It was really pretty. Parts of it weren't believable, but I think she did the really held her own. 
Score: 35 out of 40 

Melanie C and Gleb danced a Jazz routine to Mary Poppins-- Derek said I know if Dick Van Dyke saw this he would have loved it. Some of the transitions were hectic but overall well done. Bruno said that was so difficult, the tempo sped up. Carrie Ann said it was jam packed, it was a little out of sync at the beginning. Len said it was enchanting. I loved this! I found it so entertaining and personally I would have scored it higher than JoJo. 
Score: 31 out of 40

Matt James and Lindsay danced a Quickstep to The Incredibles-- Bruno said your feet are getting better. Carrie Ann said we still have to work on your technique, but I smiled the whole time. Len said he admires his work ethic and commitment. I feel like Matt is continuing to improve. He is entertaining and has fun and fully commits to every dance and character. 
Score: 26 out of 40

Jimmie Allen and Emma danced a Paso Doble to Mulan-- Len said I really liked the Mickey Dance challenge. Derek said you have had the best Mickey Dance challenge so far. Tyra said she felt his love and dedication of the dance to his dad. Jimmie has conviction and he is so determined, that's why I love watching him every week. 
Score: 30  out of 40

Amanda Kloots and Alan danced a Rumba to Tarzan-- Len said she has it all, brilliant. Derek loved the contemporary break in the dance for the Mickey Challenge. Bruno said effortless, easy, natural-- brilliant Rumba. Carrie Ann said you didn't hide behind anything, you seemed tentative tonight. Amanda is one of the most elegant dancers. She is so poised, I continue to route for her. 
Score: 32 out of 40

Olivia Jade and Val danced a Samba to The Lion King-- Derek said Olivia you are becoming one of my favorite performers on the show. Well done! Bruno said you're so versatile. Carrie Ann said I love the trust and the chemistry between this couple. Len said all zippity no do da. They have been my favorite tonight so far. I was not sure I would like Olivia and I am absolutely LOVING her. 
Score: 35 out of 40

The Miz and Witney danced the Quickstep to Aladdin-- Bruno said we love, you give everything you have, I loved the Mickey Challenge. For some reason it seemed a little off. It might have just been the look because typically I love the Miz. 
Score: 31 out of 40

Kenya Moore and Brandon danced a Contemporary to Moana-- Carrie Ann said there were two mess ups on the lifts. Len praised them. Derek loved the hula and said there was a little mistake in the lift but let's blame Brandon. Bruno echoed that. I loved this! Kenya looked beautiful. 
Score: 29 out of 40

Brian Austin Green and Sharna danced a Waltz to Snow White-- Len said there was too much messing about. Bruno said too much sweetness gives you a toothache. Carrie Ann said was there a little lift? I understand the judges feedback. There wasn't enough content!
Score: 25 out of 40

Suni Lee and Sasha danced a Salsa to Encanto --   Derek said he loved seeing her open up. Carrie Ann felt like she was trying to perfect every move. Len said it was the most expressive he has seen Suni. I agree with that, she danced with such freedom. I loved it. 
Score: 33 out of 40

Melora Hardin and Artem danced a Quickstep to The Jungle Book-- Bruno called it the best Quickstep this season. Carrie Ann said she always brings something unexpected to the dancefloor. Len thought it was Melora's best dance this season. It was a little bit predictable, but I enjoyed them and I liked how much they seemed to enjoy themselves performing. 
Score: 36 out of 40 

Cody Rigsby and Cheryl danced a Jive to A Goofy Movie-- Carrie Ann said you were so happy doing the Micky Dance Challenge. You need to just finish your moves a little bit more. Len said that there was too much side by side. Derek said great energy, great performer. I wanted more kicks and flicks but overall well done. Bruno said the Mickey Dance was spot on. I am so glad that they are back! That was great. 
Score: 27 out of 40

Iman Shumpert and Daniella danced a Foxtrot to Frozen-- Derek said you got me with that Mickey Dance Challenge. Bruno said when you embrace your bigness you look like an eagle. Tap into that feeling. Carrie Ann said you are a hero tonight, you stood out. That was so good! I loved it! I am so happy for him tonight. 
Score: 30 out of 40


---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimmie Allen and Emma danced a Jazz routine to Bad Guy-- Len liked the lifts and said Jimmie is surprising him every week. Derek said Jimmie is one of those stars who transforms on the show. Bruno said Jimmie has him hooked and Carrie Ann called his dance amazing. Jimmie has been one of my faves since he was announced to be on this season. I am just such a fan. 
Score: 35 out of 40

Cody Rigsby and Cheryl danced a Viennese Waltz to Beauty and the Beast-- Derek said Cody is a great performer but does have a lot to work on. Bruno said he needed polish, and Carrie Ann noted that there were some tiny stumbles. I didn't love this. 
Score: 31 out of 40

Melanie C and Gleb danced a Viennese Waltz to Maleficent-- Bruno said magnificent Maleficent. Carrie Ann called it her best dance. Len wanted more Viennese Waltz. I love Melanie, I think she has so much class and is such an elegant dancer, but this didn't excite me or draw me in. 
Score: 35 out of 40 

JoJo Siwa and Jenna danced a Paso Doble to The Descendents-- Carrie Ann felt it was hectic and not JoJo's best. Len loved the control and Derek agreed. Bruno said it was like watching two villains fight for supremacy. Once again, I'm feeling like JoJo is being overscored a little bit.  
Score: 35 out of 40

Kendra Moore and Brandon danced a Viennese Waltz to Dangerous Woman-- Derek said you're fierce, believe in it. Bruno said I loved the way you were teasing him. Carrie Ann thought she kept her center well and this was her best dance. I loved this, and I thought Kenya did amazing. 
Score: 30 out of 40

Iman Shumpert and Daniella danced an Argentine Tango to Aladdin-- Derek called the opening and closing lifts iconic. Bruno and Carrie Ann both used the word "magical" to describe the performance. Iman was playing Jafar and Daniella was playing Iago. Len said it was the best he has seen from Iman. Daniella is underrated as a pro on this show. She is so smart and always plays to the srengths of her partner. 
Score: 33 out of 40

Melora Hardin and Artem danced a Jazz routine to Tangled-- Carrie Ann thought she played the performance too safe. Len refuted Carrie Ann calling the performance gritty, charming, and delightful. Derek said great storytelling by Melora. Len said, from Len, a 10! I really love how Melora pours herself into every performance.  
Score: 37 out of 40

The Miz and Witney danced an Argentine Tango to The Lion King-- Carrie Ann loved the specificity of the movement. Derek said I loved how you were so commited to the character, great, great, job. Bruno said there was so much content. The men are so good tonight, they are really in character. 
Score: 34 out of 40

Brian Austin Green and Sharna danced a Paso Doble to Pirates of the Caribbean-- Len liked the aggression. He told Brian to lift his chest. Derek said I loved the choreography. Bruno said you have to control the free arm, but you're going in the right direction. Carrie Ann said he was in it. That was awesome! They really drew me, making the dance a fight. 
Score: 27 out of 40

Matt James and Lindsay danced a Paso Doble to The Jungle Book-- Derek said you were so into it. Bruno said that was a solid performance, refine it now. Carrie Ann said you gave us all and left nothing behind. Len said posture, passion, performance-- I saw a little but you could give me so much more. They were friggin outstanding! I loved this so much. 
Score: 31 out of 40

Olivia Jade and Val danced a Jazz routine to Coco-- Bruno said you captured the spirit of the movie, you can dance, but you can act too. Carrie Ann said it felt a little safe, you felt a little behind the beat. Len said this was such a joyous performance. Derek said you are a natural born performer. That was so fun, I am really becoming a fan!!!
Score: 35 out of 40

Suni Lee and Sasha danced a Viennese Waltz to Hocus Pocus-- Carrie Ann said I could feel you going there, performance matched the techniqe. Derek said you looked beautiful. I feel like Suni is definitely dancing with more freedom but I will say I was expecting more from that dance. 
Score: 35 out of 40

Amanda Kloots and Alan danced a Paso Doble to Cruella-- Len liked the interpretation. Derek said you look unbelievable. Bruno said that was devilishly stylish. Carrie Ann said that powerful, masterful, and divine. Amanda was gorgeous tonight. I just love watching her. She always pulls me in. 
Score: 36 out of 40


At the end of night two-- Brian and Sharna and Matt and Lindsay were sent packing. 

My prediction for next week is that Cody and Cheryl could be going home. Kenya was sprared this week but she also may be close to her last dance. 


No comments: