Sunday, April 12, 2020

The Voice Season 18: Battles Come to a Close With Mixed Bag in Terms of Performances

Once again, was not super impressed with the Battles this week.

Team Nick: Arei Moon vs. Samuel Wilco sang Missing You by John Waite-- Surprising song choice for these two that left me feeling kind of bored. I was more impressed with Samuel in the blinds but here I give the slight edge to Arei.
Nick chose Arei

Team Kelly:Megan Danielle vs. Samantha Howell sang Top of the World by Patty Griffin-- I am definitely a Patty Griffin fan but I did not love this song choice. Samantha was under pitch for most of the performance. Megan's vocals were full of grit and range and there was this real fullness. I have to say overall I was more impressed with Megan. Blake called Megan the shocker in this performance and said her voice is unbelievable and he can't believe he didn't turn for her. He said Kelly stole his dream in having Samantha on his team as she blocked Blake.
Kelly chose Megan and saved Samantha

Team Blake: Jon Mullins vs. Tod Tilghman sang Ghost in this House by Allison Krauss-- One of the better song choices tonight and this sounded like a duet. I loved both of these guys! Jon is more soulful whereas Tod has this undeniable roundness to his voice. I honestly thought both were great. Nick and John gave the edge to Jon whereas Kelly thought it was pretty even.
Blake chose Tod and Nick stole Jon. They both deserved to move forward.



Team Legend: Brittney Allen vs. Zan Fiskum sang Closer to Fine by The Indigo Girls-- Zan won this battle-- she had more experience and more confidence. I will say that I think the song choice did neither contestant justice, but Zan's confidence pushed her through. 
John chose Zan

Team Kelly: Mandi Thomas vs. Sara Collins sang My Baby Loves Me by Martina McBride-- Great song choice! This song really complimented both ladies. I think both of them had some pitch issues, probably just nerves. Blake agreed that there were some pitch issues. Nick said Sara's voice is great for recording; he said Mandi sold the performance for him. Overall performance, Mandi was stronger. 
Kelly chose Mandi

Montaged performances--- 


  • Jules vs Tayler Green – Water Under the Bridge by Adele – Team Kelly Clarkson – Kelly picks Tayler
  • Jacob Miller vs Kevin Farris – Lights Up by Harry Styles – Team Nick Jonas – Nick picks Jacob
Team Legend: Cedrice vs. Thunderstorm Artis sang Stay by Rihanna and Mikky Ekko-- I like both of these artists. I will admit, I think Thunderstorm is a little overly confident, borderline cocky. Cedrice is absolutely captivating, her voice, her look. I cannot stop listening and looking. Blake said between the two of them he would pick Thunderstorm because he dominated. 
John chose Thunderstorm, and Black stole Cedrice saying she is on a different plane, and although this may be seen as an odd pairing, he believes it will make for some memorable moments on the show. 

 

Two strong battles tonight--- Jon and Tod, and Thunderstorm and Cedrice. Tayler and Megan are my dark horses tonight. 

No comments: