Tuesday, September 26, 2017

The Voice Season 14: I Can't Stop Loving the Blinds!

Keisha Renae sang I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles-- 4 chair turn, but I didn't think it was justifiable. I want her to prove to me she is worthy of 4 chairs. I found the vocal pitchy and I did not love the song choice for her. I actually found the performance boring. Jennifer said you create your own lane and that's what I wanna help you do. Blake said I love you. Miley said I was raised in Nashville and I can help you blend country and pop.
Keisha chose Blake

Dylan Gerard sang Say You Won't Let Go by James Arthur-- Adam and Jennifer turned for him. I thought this was a strong vocal. I am not a fan of this song, but I tried hard to judge it on his voice. Adam liked his cool vibe, and Jennifer sees a lot of potential with him. She asked him to take the vocal up a half step and it honestly sounded amazing. Despite Jen's coaching .....
Dylan chose Adam

Maharasyi sang Tell Me Something Good by Chaka Kahn-- Jennifer and Miley turned, and Jen did a demo of her coaching skills which sealed the deal for Maharasyi. I think she had a good voice, definitely a soul singer. She needs to work on stage presence and song choice. This song choice was a little strange.
Maharasyi chose Jennifer

Marlo Wells sang Love Me Now by John Legend-- This is someone who actually deserved a chair and didn't get one. I loved the liberties he took with the song. I am not a huge fan of the John Legend version and I found myself liking this version. Jennifer said I am so shamed, I cannot even look at you sir.

Red Marlow sang Swingin' by John Anderson-- Miley and Blake turned, two country coaches. I would go with Blake if I was Red, but that's just me. Red met Blake years ago. Miley said my coaching will be about taking you to the top. Blake said let's not monkey around with this thing, let's do what's right. Red has an old school country style voice like a George Strait or Garth Brooks, I think he will have a strong following on this show because of his authenticity in terms of country music.
Red chose Blake

Ashland Craft sang You Are My Sunshine-- Her vocal is so strong! She is true county, similar to a Trisha Yearwood or Leann Rimes. There was a rasp in her voice that was so controlled. Adam said everything Miley has I have it too. Miley said Blake is the king of country, but I am the queen. Adam said I am not country, but I've been fighting this country fight for years, but I keep fighting. I think you're going to transcend the necessity to go to Blake's team. Blake said it's important to recognize your roots. Adam said this is so wrong that it could be right.
Ashland chose Miley

Ashland could have a big impact on this season..... will Miley keep her on her team?


No comments: