Monday, September 25, 2017

The Voice Season 14: The Blinds Begin!

Chris Weaver sang Try a Little Tenderness by Otis Redding-- 4 chair turn of course! Adam is first to turn and he turns quick, followed by Jennifer who starts throwing shoes and Adam begins throwing clothes. Blake said I have won with pop, country, R&B artists, but I have never won with a drag queen. Miley said we can make sure that we pick the right songs for you and take you to the top. Jennifer said I feel I have that vision because I've already walked that path. Chris is one of those strong and memorable voices, I loved this rendition of the song.
Chris chose Jennifer

Mitchell Lee sang Hold My Hand by Hootie and the Blowfish-- Blake, Adam, and Jennifer turned. Adam said that singer has traversed a lot of areas with music. I think you can go far in this show. Blake said I love working with country and rock artist, I would love to have you on my team. Jennifer said it's amazing to see how comfortable you are. You have your own lane here. I liked Mitchell, his voice is authentic country rock. The rasp in his voice was great.
Mitchell chose Blake..... Adam congratulated Blake on an excellent acquisition

Janice Freeman sang Radioactive by Imagine Dragons-- Jennifer and Miley both turned. I loved her version of the song, I felt like it expressed to us who she is as an artist. She said cancer tried to hold her back and Jennifer and Miley got up on stage with her. Miley said I know that I am not an amazing  singer as Jennifer Hudson and I am still gonna fight for you. You can bring destiny and hope to the world.
Janice chose Miley

Xaris sang Don't Think Twice it's All Right-- No one turned for her. Adam said she was an old soul. Blake said he wished he could push his button.

Shi'ann Jones sang Drown in My Tears by Ray Charles-- Jennifer and Blake turned around. Jennifer told Blake not to turn around, he said he waited until she turned to turn. Blake said where are you from? He said why would I pick him as my coach? I've been doing this for 13 seasons, and it's all about you having the best performances every time you go on that stage. I think this young lady has potential but I thought her voice needs a lot of training and it will take some hard work.
Shi'ann chose Jennifer

Dave Crosby sang I Will Follow You Into the Dark by -- Adam turned right away, I find his voice too sleepy though. I wish he had picked a different song. I am actually kind of surprised that three people turned for him. His daughter sang on Little Big Shots, I think she is a better singer than him. Dave ended up going with Adam over Blake and Miley, makes sense from a style standpoint.
Dave chose Adam

Odiseas sang Papa's Got a Brand New Bag by James Brown-- Jennifer said it was too overcharacterized. I agree with her, it was too much. He should come back and just give the pure voice. Miley said I'm in love with your voice and you. Blake said it was out of his lane. Adam said third time is a charm, come back.

Esera Tuaolo sang Rise Up by Andra Day-- Adam said I felt your presence as you were singing, and I was like you're a big dude, and I am a total moron for turning around. Jennifer turned first and then Blake. Blake said I am a huge football fan and I am probably gonna drive that man crazy. Blake said if any of you bother me, I'm gonna send Eresa after your ass. I loved Esera's voice, Jennifer was right, I love how he executed those soaring notes, it sounded strong, controlled, it was great. I think he's gonna be a major threat this season.
Esera chose Blake

Brandon Showell sang There's Nothing Holding Me Back by Shawn Mendes-- LOVED, loved, loved Brandon! His voice had so much soul and nuance. He'll do well cause he's a throwback with a modern twist. Adam said whatever she (Jennifer) did I did it too..... cause Jennifer said she sang on cruise ships like Brandon did.
Brandon chose Adam

Lucas Holliday sang This Woman's Work by Maxwell-- Incredible voice and incredible performance. His falsetto was unreal and his full voice wasn't even believable. Shocked that Jennifer was the only person who turned. Where were the other coaches? Adam called him a genius. Jennifer said after that, we need to sing something together.

Brooke Simpson sang Stone Cold by Demi Lovato-- Another well deserved 4 chair turn! I love the emotion Brooke showed in this performance, she truly left it all out there. Her voice is so strong and so impactful. I truly loved it. Adam ran up and hugged her after her performance. Miley said I am a little speechless and Adam said I am not. Jennifer said who do you listen to? And she said all of you. Miley said I am invested and I'm gonna win this season, and I wanna win with you. Adam said most people who try and do what you do, shouldn't do it. He said there was so much soul, passion, and power. Adam said I want to lead you down the right path. Jennifer said you owned the song and meant the song. Blake said every now and then a singer comes across this stage who just needs an opportunity, and that's you.
Brooke chose Miley

I have my eye on Brooke and Lucas, even Brandon a little bit. Mitchell could be a dark horse.

No comments: