Monday, November 21, 2016

The Top 11: Season 11 of The Voice

Team Miley: Ali Caldwell singing 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton-- Adam said he was glad to hear Ali do a country song. Blake said he was so impressed and that was so much fun. Blake felt the Tina Turner touches brought it to a new place. Miley said Ali is such a star. I personally loved the performance, I thought she was great. The song fit her well.

Team Blake: Sundance Head singing No One by Alicia Keys-- Alicia loved it! Wow, it was so good, obviously completely different, but completely amazing. Alicia said you made me listen to my song in a whole new way. Music is so powerful. Blake said, Sundance you should feel really proud of yourself right now. That was so powerful, and I think it was a breakout moment on our stage.

Team Miley: Aaron Gibson singing Hurt by Nine Inch Nails-- Adam said your voice is crazy and bravo to your coach cause that was the perfect song choice for you. Miley said I pretend I never listen to Adam but I do, he said he wanted to see you care, and you do. I liked it and thought it was strong, I don't think I was as enthusiastic as Adam and Miley, but I felt like it was a strong performance that showcased his unique vocal.

Team Blake: Courtney Harrell singing What I Did For Love from A Chorus Line-- I loved her performance, it was very obvious that she is connected to this song. I did feel that in certain points, it sounded like she was screaming. Blake said there is no one who wants this more than Courtney. Blake thinks she will definitely be around for another week.

Team Adam: Josh Gallagher singing Drunk on Your Love by Brett Eldredge -- Miley said I love the way you interact with the audience on stage, I felt like we were at your concert. Adam said you're so refreshing to me, you connect better than anyone. Josh is one of my personal favorites in this competition and I agree with both Miley and Adam's assessments.

Team Adam: Billy Gilman singing All I Ask by Adele-- Billy just continues to show so many different sides of himself. He displayed so much vulnerability tonight, it was amazing. Blake said you never hit a bad note, it's so good, and I'm happy for you. Adam said that is impressive and you made me feel something, it felt pure, real, and honest. You're everything that "the voice" stands for.

Team Alicia: Christian Cuevas singing Roseanna by Toto-- Miley said it was great that he brought a different style and energy to the song. Alicia said your voice is so big, like crystal, pure tone, there's no denying it. I liked Christian a lot, this was a cool rendition of an old song, He definitely took it and made it contemporary.

Team Blake: Austin Allsup singing Turn the Page by Bob Seger-- Wow, that was one of my favorite performances of the night. Adam said it was by far his best performance on the show. That was such a cool song and such a great arrangement of that song. Blake said I was on the edge of my seat. You have to stay in this competition, you're such a badass.

Team Miley: Darby Walker singing You Don't Own Me by Lesley Gore-- I did not love this performance at all. I felt like her vocal control was not very good at all. Definitely felt shouty and off pitch at points. Alicia liked her falsetto at the end and Miley spoke a lot about the meaning of the song.

Team Adam: Brendan Fletcher singing The River by Bruce Springsteen-- I agree with Blake, Brendan has a great storytelling voice. He really makes us feel the meaning of this song. Blake actually says he is jealous that Brendan is on Adam's team and wants to hear him sing a country song. Adam tells everyone that Brendan has really got it and America has to vote for him.

Team Alicia: We McDonald singing Must Be Love on the Brain by Rihanna-- We is singing one of my fave songs on the radio right now and one of my fave ever Rihanna songs. The song lends itself perfectly to We's style as a singer. Alicia sings her praises and says that We always comes with "it". She has so much potential and she deserves to soar.

Who is in the bottom three?

Darby Walker, Christian Cuevas, and Courtney Harrell or Aaron Gibson

No comments: