Monday, December 15, 2014

The Voice: Season 7, The Finals

Coach's Choice:

Team Adam: Damien sang A Song for You by Donny Hathaway-- There was a lot of heart in that performance. I don't know if it was his best performance but it was sincere. Blake said he hit everything full volume and full force; incredible and great. Pharrell said the way that you sang that song takes me to church, and I'm so proud of you. Gwen said that song was amazing and it feels like your record. Adam said you were so comfortable and this was one of your best performances.

Original Song:

Team Blake: Craig Wayne Boyd sang My Baby's Got a Smile on Her Face-- I loved the authenticity of Craig's vocals and Blake is right, it seemed like the song found its way to him and was meant to be recorded by him. Pharrell congratulated him and said welcome to your future. Gwen said Craig is going to be touring for a long time. Blake said that song was meant for you.

Duets:

Team Adam: Chris and Adam sang Lost Without You by Robin Thicke-- One of the hottest performances I have ever witnessed, seen, heard on The Voice. Amazing choice, crazy vocals, sexy performance. I loved this, can I buy it? Please. The coaches are on their feet!

Original Song:

Team Adam: Matt McAndrew sang Wasted Love-- This seemed like a song that Matt would legit sing. It was his style, the message was clear, and it was a solid performance. Gwen thought it was a great song for him and it was really inspiring. Adam said that he and Matt have been working together 24/ 7 on that song, and he said you were amazing. You're so special, I'm so proud of you, I'm on the verge of tears, I love you.

Duets:

Team Blake: Craig and Blake sang Boots On by Randy Houser-- That was such a country rock and roll forever performance.

Duets:

Team Adam: Damien and Adam sang Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me by Elton John and George Michael-- Adam's song choices are spot on tonight, this is another great choice. The vocals were solid, passionate, and original. The runs were awesome.

Original Song:

Team Adam: Chris Jamison sang Velvet-- I don't love this song, but I like the vibe of the song. The song, once again, was in the style of the artist. I am reminded of how American Idol has done a not good job with original songs. I could see Chris recording this. Pharrell said a star was born on this show, this year. You have changed and you have grown, I cannot wait to see what happens with you. Adam said I love all three of you so equally, and so much, you make me so proud.

Duets:

Team Adam: Matt and Adam sang Lost Stars by Adam Levine from the movie Begin Again-- Another amazing performance. I loved the sincerity and heart in this performance. It was very vulnerable and thought provoking. Adam and Matt's voices sounded good together.

Coach's Choice:

Team Blake: In Pictures by Alabama-- I agree with Blake, this was a great choice for Craig because it's so honest. Gwen said Blake's going to take you on tour. You're going to make an album, and it's going to be incredible. Pharrell said you picked the right song for him. Blake said this song is a perfect statement for where you are in your life.

Original Song:

Team Adam: Damien sang Solider-- This is an awesome original song for Damien. It truly fits him so well, and he dressed it up so well with his vocals. All the coaches were on their feet. Adam said I am bursting with pride. You have stayed strong and true to who you are.

Coach's Choice:

Team Adam: Chris sang Cry Me a River by Justin Timberlake-- Wow, Justin Timberlake cleared this song for Chris to sing it. I've been wanting him to sing it since week one. He killed it, it was exciting, haunting, and he is my pick to win this. The coaches are all on their feet. Adam said, Chris my young Jedi, welcome and congratulations.

Coach's Choice:

Team Adam: Matt McAndrew sang Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Judy Garland-- That performance was so majestic. What a great song choice and Matt's voice came through so pure on that. Gwen said she loves seeing him grow. Pharrell said you're so magical, you walk through walls and classifications. The world cannot get enough of artists like you. Adam said that was so bittersweet and perfect.

No comments: