Sunday, January 12, 2014

So Much to Say.....

I've been out of commission for a while. The holidays working in retail will do that to you. I spent a little over a month sick. I count only two other times in my life that I have been that sick before. Even now, I am not 100%, won't be for a while I don't think. Last time I wrote, The Voice was done to the final five. Only one out of the three finalists really deserved to be there, and luckily, she won The Voice. It should have been Tessanne Chin, Cole Vosbury, and James Wolpert. I found the finale entertaining overall, but those three stood out throughout the finale despite the fact that two of them weren't even finalists.

I'm super excited to say that American Idol starts up again this Wednesday with Jennifer Lopez back on the judging panel after a season away, Keith Urban returning from last season, and Harry Connick Jr., who was a guest mentor on the show joining the judges panel. Season 13 should be without question, one of the best season's Idol has seen in a few years.

The Bachelor is back. Juan Pablo is kinda superficial and dumb which should make for an entertaining season.

The Winter Olympics start on February 6th in Sochi, Russia. I am going to be so busy writing, I won't know what to do with myself.

Tonight, the Golden Globes, yes, award season is back!

Here are my predictions (let's see how I do!)--

Best Picture Drama: Gravity
Best Actress Drama: Sandra Bullock, Gravity
Best Actor Drama: Matthew McConaughey, Dallas Buyers Club
Best Picture Comedy or Musical: American Hustle
Best Actress Comedy or Musical: Amy Adams, American Hustle
Best Actor Comedy or Musical: Christian Bale, American Hustle or Oscar Isaac, Inside Llewyn Davis
Best Animated Feature: Frozen
Best Supporting Actress: Jennifer Lawrence, American Hustle
Best Supporting Actor: Bradley Cooper, American Hustle or Jared Leto, Dallas Buyers Club
Best Director: David O. Russell, American Hustle
Best Screenplay: Her
Best Original Score: Hans Zimmer, 12 Years a Slave
Best TV Series, Drama: The Good Wife
Best Actress TV Drama: Julianna Murgulies, The Good Wife
Best Actor TV Drama: Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad
Best TV Series, Comedy: Modern Family
Best Actress TV Comedy: Edie Falco, Nurse Jackie
Best Actor TV Comedy: Jason Bateman, Arrested Development
Best TV Miniseries or Made for TV Movie: American Horror Story: Coven
Best Actress in a Miniseries or Made for TV Movie: Jessica Lange, American Horror Story: Coven
Best Actor in a Miniseries or Made for TV Movie: Anyone in the Category! (This category is almost like a "free space" in Bingo)
Best Supporting Actress in a Series, Miniseries, or Made for TV Movie: Monica Potter, Parenthood
Best Supporting Actor in a Series, Miniseries, or Made for TV Movie: Josh Charles, The Good Wife or Jon Voight, Ray Donovan



No comments: