Saturday, January 18, 2014

Golden Globe Fashions-- Who Sparkled on the Red Carpet?

And now, five days later than I wanted it to be, and without further ado, I present my best dressed list from the 2014 Golden Globe Awards. I will do it in no particular order, and as always, I will not discuss those whose dresses did not hit the mark, those who near missed, and those who missed all together. This will be a positive list--- seven strong and sexy women who sparkled at the Globes.

Now, those who read this blog know that I am not a big fan of Sofia Vergara. Unlike most, her accent is not cute to me. However, I must admit that her dress and accessories were amazing for the Globes. In a sophisticated full black Zac Posen princess style gown, Sofia dared to add a pop or color with an aqua colored Lorainne Schwartz necklace.



Not many people talked about Sofia's costar Julie Bowen, but I will. Julie made a daring choice and it paid off big time. I love the color blocking going on in this Carolina Herrera gown. It looks like two pieces, but it's really one, and it's done seamlessly. I especially love the detail at her waist and how it's a slightly different color than the top and bottom. Her hair is also effortlessly light looking, the style suits her.



Cate Blanchett was elegant in Armani Prive. The detail in the dress is exquisite, especially around the neck. What I like most about the dress is the sheer quality to it, there's also a sheen that makes her sparkle.



What pickle? I really want to know who called the beautiful Olivia Wilde a pickle. I loved her Gucci dress, and I always thinks it's a brave when a woman who is with child attends an event like this. I love this shade of green on her, and I love that the dress is still sexy. I love her curves and I love the simplicity of her hair, it works well with the dress, and did anyone see those heels?



Simple and classic, I could almost always describe Reese Witherspoon this way. She did not fair to impress this year with a light turquoise colored Calvin Klein Collection gown. What I liked even more than Reese's dress was her new hairdo. She looks normal, I think the average woman can look at Reese here and aspire to look like that.




Looking modern Ava Gardner-esque, Kate Beckinsale was flawless at 40 in a Zuhair Murad gown. I can't even believe she's 40; look at her beautiful skin, she is glowing! What do I love about this dress? The detail, the metallic quality of it, the color is gorgeouis (my word for gorgeous!) with her skin and hair color, I also love the way it flares at the bottom. To be honest, this dress and Julianna's dress (up next!) were my two favorite of the night.



Forever the epitome of true beauty defined, Julianna Margulies was a vision in a black Andrew Gn dress with metallic gold detail at the bottom and the shoulders. The gold detail in the dress, along with the earrings, and her side swept bangs really make the look complete. I feel like those are the parts of this look that made it come together. Julianna understands style, but more importantly, she understands well, what looks good on her. This was my other favorite look of the night.



On to the Grammy's and Oscar's! 

No comments: