Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Why Am I Doing This?

Last night, I was talking to a friend of mine online. We talked, well, actually, I talked, about my frustrations of not being able to find a writing job. (Backstory: I graduated in '06 from Northeastern University with a degree in Journalism, and since then I have searched relentlessly for a job, had a supposed "professional" redo my resume and write me a cover letter which as a "writer" I probably could have written myself). My friend asked me what I had written lately and I said, "what do you mean?". And he said, "well, you want to be a writer, what have you written lately?". I said, "I have written some. I have been working on a screenplay, written some poems, and have been working on some ideas for a tv series". Ok, the truth is everyone, I have not touched the screenplay since last summer. The poems were written when I was going through some tough times with my last boyfriend, and the tv series has been thought about, but not touched since last winter. However, I really do want to be a writer, it's one thing in my life that I am passionate about, and thankfully my friend recognized that and suggested that I start a blog. I had absolutely no idea what a blog really was; I thought it was a personal journal which my friend informed me was not true. He told me all I had to do was pick a name for my blog and decide what I wanted to write about. I know I can write about anything under the sun so I decided to write about everything. I wanted a catchy name, asked my friends, and then came up with the name "miss v's voice" on my own, and here I am.......... that's why I am doing this.

2 comments:

blakice said...

k, v, keep it up.. write ur crazy thoughts here....

Ryan said...

I like it. Truth from the heart makes for good reading. Keep it up. Try writing about some other things in your life that really matter. I know there's some juiciness surrounding New England sports teams...