Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My Emmy Ballot '07

I am definitely not the first person to do Emmy predictions, but here is my take on who will take an Emmy home on September 16th (Hopefully these winners will put their award in a better place than their respective bathrooms). Please note!: The Emmy predictions will be posted in segments.

*Supporting Actress Comedy Series:
Conchata Ferrell Two and a Half Men
Jenna Fischer The Office
Elizabeth Perkins Weeds
Jaime Pressly My Name is Earl
Holland Taylor Two and a Half Men
Vanessa Williams Ugly Betty

Should Win and Will Win: Vanessa Williams, her role as the deliciously evil magazine creative director Wilhelmina Slater is sure to make Emmy voters check her name off purely because of what they think will happen to them if they don't.

*Supporting Actor Comedy Series:
Jon Cryer Two and a Half Men
Kevin Dillon Entourage
Neil Patrick Harris How I Met Your Mother
Jeremy Piven Entourage
Rainn Wilson The Office

Should Win and Will Win: Neil Patrick Harris. I wrestled with this one for a while and I will explain later. The suit wearing, womanizing, blogger is due to take home an Emmy if not for all those things, for "lemon law". Just his name alone, Barney Stinson, makes me laugh. Jeremy Piven did awesome work this past year as the aggressive agent with a heart of "gold". Ari Gold is rough around the edges and always a force to be reckoned with (meaning Piven is the only one who could steal this award from Neil!).

No comments: