Monday, December 18, 2023

The Voice Season 24: The Finale Takes Me Higher

Team Reba: Jacquie Roar sang More Than a Feeling by Boston-- This really showed the range in her voice and the fact that she is a total rocker. Gwen said Jacquie keeps getting better and better. I loved this song for her, very different but then when she started singing, so in her style. 

Team Legend: Lila Forde sang The Weight by Bob Dylan-- Didn't love this performance to be honest. Gwen complimented her confidence. John said he loves her individuality and musicality. 

Team Niall: Mara Justine sang Turning Tables by Adele-- This is one of my fave Adele songs. I loved how soulful she made this but she also made it her own. John said it was so striking and so beautiful, we saw a different side of your voice today. Niall said Mara I am so proud of you, the growth you have shown is insane. I hope they don't forget this moment because it was so big, you're an incredible singer and an incredible person. 

Team Niall: Huntley sang Another Love by Tom Odell-- Didn't love this one either. Gwen said I like how you're so effortless and you feel like you come from a different time. 

Team Reba: Ruby Leigh sang Suspicious Minds by Elvis Presley-- One of the better performances of the night. Ruby does have such a maturity for her age, it's hard to believe. This was a good song choice for her.  John said you are so remarkable, your voice has so much maturity. Reba said you have amazed me from the first time you got on the stage. 

Team Reba: Jacquie Roar sang Knights in White Satin by The Moody Blues-- LOVE! Wow! What an amazing song choice. She killed this as well. Gwen said you must run on a tread mill all day to get that right in terms of the breath. That was beautiful. Reba said you are a force of nature, that was so pretty, it was a wonderful performance. 

Team Legend: Lila Forde sang Across the Universe by The Beatles-- I thought this was a beautiful choice for her. Much better than her first round. Niall said you're so impressive and so true to yourself. John called her performance cinematic. 

Team Niall: Mara Justine sang Piece of my Heart by Janis Joplin-- I feel like this song is overdone sometimes. I preferred her first performance here. This was good, she didn't sing bad per say, it just wasn't my taste. The coaches thought this was better than her first performance, I disagree. 

Team Reba: Ruby Leigh sang Desperado by The Eagles-- Smart song choice, she sounded stunning but didn't overdo it. Wow! Gwen said you just channel so well the intention of the song. Reba said what a great song selection, not many people can do what you do, 

Team Niall: Huntley sang Higher by Creed-- Great song choice for him! I thought once again his voice was a little lost in the arrangement but this is such a big song. John said I feel like when I watch you, I am watching someone who is already playing arenas. I am so shocked when you say you can't believe you're here doing this. Niall said that was euphoric. 

Videos to come tomorrow! 

5th Lila

4th Huntley 

3rd Jacquie

2nd and 1st between Mara and Ruby 

No comments: