Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Dancing with the Stars Season 29: This Cast is Humble and Kind

Johnny and Britt danced a Salsa to On the Floor by Jennifer Lopez-- I love Johnny's confidence, I agree I wanted to see more salsa action, but he always brings it on every performance. Derek said holy moly that costume. He said there were a few arm connections, misses, but overall, great way to start the show. Bruno said the salsa needed to have more grounded hip action but great performance. Carrie Ann said I wanted to feel more earth in the salsa. 
Score: 22/30

Nev and Jenna danced a jazz routine to Good Vibration by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch-- This is just making me smile hard and feel good. It was so good! They were hitting everything. Bruno said he didn't know what it was, but he liked it. Carrie Ann said everything made me so happy. Derek said it was jazz 101, it was so clean, you were together the entire time. 
Score: 26/30

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/G_lefdcAsz0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Monica and Val danced a rumba to Have I Told You Lately That I Love You by Rod Stewart-- Monica looks stunning tonight. I love that she dedicated this to her husband and her quality of movement is so sincere. I love it. Carrie Ann said WOW! You came into your own. That was so refined, so sensual, so within your power. Derek said you are really enjoying it, and you have great balance. I loved your story but loved your rumba even more. Bruno said that was a classy rumba, you pitched it right, classic rumba and romance. 
Score: 27/30

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/X9XFosHx-f8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Skai and Alan danced a Cha Cha to Say So by Doja Cat and Nikki Minaj-- She is making a lot of little mistakes. Once she made the first mistake she focused on her first mistake. Derek said you messed up, it happens to all of us. There were great moments in there. Bruno said I am loving that look, accidents happen, you handled it as best as you could. Carrie Ann said you came back stronger than ever. I want to commend you for the recovery. 
Score: 18/30

Vernon and Peta danced a Cha Cha to Celebration by Kool and the Gang-- What a beautiful story from Vernon about his grandpa. I agree 100% with Derek, there is such joy when he dances and I love the way he looks at his partner Peta.  Bruno said very bright, there is something about you, you have the right feel for the dance. The timing is good, the cha cha comes from the ball of the foot. Carrie Ann said I enjoy watching you dance, you're comfortable with yourself, I love your ease. Derek said I would give you a ten for joy every time but you  need to be careful with the heel leads etc. 
Score: 21/30  

Nelly and Daniella danced a Viennese Waltz to Humble and Kind by Tim McGraw-- That was so beautiful. OMG! I am like speechless. Carrie Ann said excuse me, there is such beauty and storytelling. Derek said it was beautiful to see and watch, watch your rise and fall, but that was wonderful. Bruno said there was a gentleness to you, you treat your woman like a goddess. Nelly said I had to channel my inner Bruno. 
Score: 24/30

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FTmKHIA79CE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jeannie and Brandon danced a Rumba to Gotta Be by Desiree-- I do feel she is committed to every dance, but something was missing for me. I don't feel the emotion from her as  much as I do some of the other dancers. Derek sad Jeannie that was sensual, your legs were so straight and over your foot, be aware of your arms. Bruno said so much passion, irresistible and deadly. Carrie Ann you are so stunning, you dance at your edge. You have to work more on your transitions, but that was beautiful.  
Score: 25/30

AJ and Cheryl danced a Samba to Mi Gente by J Balvin-- They were just so good! They nailed that Samba! Bruno said don't be sorry, just do it. Carrie Ann said you had the right balance, sometimes you dance a little small, but we love watching you dance. Derek said it was so fun to watch, you had a good bounce in there. Samba is a hard dance, and you made it look easy my friend.
Score: 27/30 

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d2IscuIunq8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chrishell and Gleb danced a Contemporary to The Stars by Grace Potter and The Nocturnals-- Very heartfelt, Chrishell dedicated her dance to her parents. I saw the small mistakes the judges pointed out but she told a beautiful story. Carrie Ann said you poured your heart and soul into that dance. Point your toes but I felt that. Derek said you have had a heck of a year but you have come out here with joy. Bruno said so emotionally engaging, so raw, so truthful. 
Score: 24/30

Kaitlyn and Artem danced a Samba to Sorry by Justin Bieber-- I  thought she did great, she was strong. I echo the judges though, that dance didn't impress me. I actually felt comparing Samba's that AJ had a better Samba. Derek said that was fantastic, great. Derek wants sharper movement-- attack. Bruno said I "belieb" in you, first class Samba. Carrie Ann said well executed, I was not super impressed. I wanted to see more attack. 
Score: 27/30

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gEG8X9xA3bY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Justina and Sasha danced a Viennese Waltz to Always a Woman by Billy Joel-- Bruno said you are still on the crest of a wave, I love to watch you dance. Carrie Ann said I know when you come out, I am going to feel good watching you. Derek said Justina you're so reliable, you guys were so in sync. 
Score: 27/30

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/swOAS1Gk0qI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This was amazing.....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Vj5tXdWEb5o" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

At the end Vernon and Johnny were in the bottom two. It was so shocking! I don't really even want to predict what next week will bring. 

No comments: