Monday, May 13, 2019

The Voice Season 16: The Top 8-- I Want Them to Stay

Team Blake: Andrew Sevener sang Long Haired Country Boy by Charlie Daniels-- Kelly said it felt like we were at his concert. John said we really felt your confidence more than ever. Adam said it was his best performance. I agree with all the coaches-- this was by far his best yet. The song fit him well.

Team Blake: Gyth Rigdon sang God Bless the U.S.A. by Lee Greenwood-- Kelly said this was not my fave vocal for you this evening but I can't really critique this because I feel like I'd be going to hell. Perfect song for him but I actually agree with Kelly, it was not his best vocal.

Team Blake: Kim Cherry sang Together Again by Janet Jackson-- Kim was having fun up there and I appreciate that about her. I see her as more of an entertainer than a vocalist. John commented on what she was wearing. Blake said no one has ever questioned whether or not she is a great vocalist.

Team Blake: Carter Lloyd Horne sang Take Me to Church by Hozier-- I didn't love this. Kelly thought it was a little bit pitchy. She complimented his tone though. Blake said it happens to everyone and he has a fan base.

Team Kelly: Rod Stokes sang Go Rest High on That Mountain by Vince Gill-- Rod brought the emotional performance tonight. He is someone that I hope makes it to the finals. Blake loved how connected he was to the song. Kelly loves his ability to connect with people and that he has a natural ability to move people.

Team John: Maelyn Jarmon sang Stay by Rihanna-- This was the best vocal of the night by far. If she is not in the finale then something is wrong. Adam said she is the frontrunner in this competition and there is no one better than her. Blake talked about her control and poise, nothing rattles her and he is ready every time she gets on the stage.

Team Blake: Dexter Roberts sang Here Without You by 3 Doors Down-- I liked his vocal more than the arrangement. His vocal was awesome. He's up there with Gyth in terms of vocals. Kelly liked hos he stepped outside the country genre with that song. Blake said the song was Dexter's idea. He said your voice is one of my fave country voices I have heard.

Team John: Shawn Sounds sang A Song For You by Donny Hathaway-- Adam said thank you for putting on a singing clinic tonight. You execute everything flawlessly. Thank God for you. Kelly said you have sang your tail off this entire season but that was my favorite.

Top 4 -- My Predictions --

Shawn
Maelyn
Rod Or Dexter
Gyth


No comments: