Tuesday, September 25, 2018

The Voice Season 15: Night 1 of the Blinds Turn Tables on Previous Seasons

Sarah Grace sang Ball and Chain by Janis Joplin-- It is unreal how nuanced her voice is. For 15 years old, she has poise and grit beyond her years. Kelly called her stank face, J. Hud said she had sass, and Blake said she has grit and passion. Blake said I think I would be a great coach for you. I am surprised Adam didn't turn and make this a well deserved 4 chair turn.
Sarah chose Kelly

Tyshawn Colquitt sang Like I Can by Sam Smith-- Blake said you go into that falsetto, hummingbird whistle, and I know I am out of my league here but I want to be your coach. He told J. Hud he wants to bring real R&B back. I didn't think it was necessarily the best song for him but I loved his old school style. Him wanting to bring classic R&B back is so appealing.
Tyshawn chose Jennifer

Tyke James sang Perfect by Ed Sheeran-- Kelly said she wanted his hair. Adam was the only one who turned for him. His voice was very different. With good development, I could see him moving in the competition.
Adam chose Tyke

Ayanna Joni was passed on by the coaches but she is getting another chance on Kelsea's comeback team.

Mercedes Ferreria Dias sang She Used to Be Mine by Sara Bareilles -- Kelly and Blake turned for this comeback artist! She sounded great. Blake said your voice is so personal, I want to help artists like you, you're unique. Kelly said there is this little sad part in your voice, and that's my favorite part. Mercedes said her mom likes Blake, and Adam said, go give her a hug Blake, and he said, I will, after Mercedes picks me.
Mercedes chose Blake

Radha sang Mama Knows Best by Jessie J-- Adam said I am your guy, he blocked J. Hud. He said that when she started that song, it made him sit up in his chair. Blake said you vocally kicked the door down. Adam, Blake, and Jenn turned. My feeling on Radha is she is somewhat loud; I wanted her to have more dynamics. If she can clean that up, she will do well.
Radha chose Adam

Kameron Marlowe sang One Number Away by Luke Combs -- Kelly and Blake turned. Kameron is the country rocker this season. Adam regrets not turning but Kameron reassures Adam that he most likely would not have chosen him. No surprise, he chooses Blake.
Kameron chose Blake

Mikele Buck sang She Used to Be Mine by Brooks & Dunn-- Such a perfect choice of song for him to display his talent. Blake and Kelly turned which I completely expected. Adam advises Kelly on how to get Mikele on her team. She talks about working with Jason Aldean, and stealing Kaleb Lee from Blake's team last season. She says her husband is Blake's manager.
Mikele chose Kelly

Patrique Fortson sang Get Here by Oleta Adams-- Patrique is soulful, this sounds like the classic R&B we used to hear on the radio in the 80's and 90's. Jenn and Adam turned. Poor Adam basically knew he didn't have a chance.
Patrique chose Jennifer

Kennedy Holmes sang Turning Tables by Adele-- Well deserved four chair turn, this young lady has an unforgettable voice. It's not even believable that she is only 13. She sings I am Changing on stage with J Hud. Adam says she could become the biggest thing ever to come from this show. He could very well be right. Blake was in awe of her poise. Kelly was crying. In the end, Kennedy chose J. Hud, no surprise.
Kennedy chose Jennifer

Sarah Grace and Kennedy Holmes are going deep in the competition, and I won't count out dark horse, Mikele Buck

No comments: